CAN Community Health the second largest provider of HIV services in the United States has a great opportunity for a Practice Administrator with prior clinical experience. We are looking for a true servant leader who is compassionate, patient focused, and mission driven. Excellent work schedule: Monday - Thursdays: 8:30 to 5:30, Fridays: 8:30 to 12:30. Great starting rate of pay with premiere benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, paid holidays, paid time off and retirement plan with generous company match.
Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for performing managerial, administrative, and facility support duties under the direction of the SR Director of Clinical Operations. The position will support in the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices and will relay all necessary support to all departments. Direct, coordinate and integrate practice resources to meet both short-term and long-term facility and organizational goals. This individual will assist in the implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures, onboard and train staff on new policies and processes, ensure compliance, report issues and recommend solutions. They will also work closely with the staff and providers to ensure location compliance with applicable regulatory standards (e.g. OSHA, DOH. DOL HIPAA, etc.).
Primary Tasks: Practice Administrator with Clinical Experience
- Responsible for office administration including front office, medical records (HIM), clinical staff staff, and all other CAN staff members.
- Act as point of contact for the facility regarding staff supervision, customer service and management of the clinics equipment and day to day operations.
- Responsible for delegation of work and staffing hours.
- Develop and maintain administrative guidelines and documentation to ensure consistency in approach.
- Responsible for front end revenue cycle functions, such as collecting and documenting patient information to facilitate accurate and timely billing and payment to align with the protocols of our main billing department.
- Provide clinical performance reports and other analytical reports as required.
- Work with other Practice Administrators to share best practices, create uniformity, streamline clinical flow and strategize on promoting clinic growth.
- Acts as a liaison between staff and providers to include; representing staff needs to the providers, as well as provider needs to the staff, in order to ensure successful office operation.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment to include ordering of administrative supplies and overseeing clinical staff member responsible for ordering of medical supplies.
- Coordinates provider schedules and patient appointments, which includes training staff on the use of the EMR software and maintaining staff knowledge of scheduling guidelines as well as operational functions.
- Analyze clinic flow for better efficiency and process improvement efforts; execute these improvements while creating accountability with staff.
- Collaborate and coordinate related activities to create an environment of one team working together to deliver quality care to our patients and clients.
- Acts as a liaison between the patients, clients, visitors and staff of the clinic to ensure all customers are satisfied with all services offered by the clinic.
- Focus on patient experience, metrics reporting where needed, customer service and process improvement.
- Assists providers, office and clinical staff, as necessary, to include filling in as front desk representative, assisting with clinical issues, coordination patient tests, processing referrals and medical record requests, etc.
- Complies with and enforces all established CAN policies, procedures and protocols as well as department-specific policies and procedures as they relate to the job functions.
- Interviews and assists in selecting candidates for employment.
- Work closely with Human Resources to prepare new hire schedule for required training, coordinate technology needs with IT, setup workstation with equipment and supplies.
- Conducts employee performance reviews and provides appropriate constructive feedback and training when necessary in a timely manner.
- Liaison between clinic, and all CAN internal departments (i.e. IT, facilities, compliance, accounting, billing, advancement, etc.)
- Responsible for staff compliance with EMR/medical records utilization.
- Appropriately documents coaching, counseling and disciplinary activities in compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Attends and actively participates in facility manger/clinic coordinator meetings.
- Assists in projects that are small to moderate in scope.
- Anticipate needs and set priorities to handle a changing environment.
- Responsible for reviewing timesheets for payroll to ensure accuracy and timely approval for employees.
- Support efforts to ensure that policies and procedures are appropriate to programs and services and that they are developed and/or adjusted according to programmatic changes and evolving community needs.
- Support Patient Care Coordinator and activities around the 340B Pharmacy Program.
- Participate in monitoring site visits, audits and other related activities as directed.
- Support short and long-term planning activity including marketing to new physicians, new practice locations, and new services to the community.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients and the public.
- Assist with reviewing and planning for equipment and facility maintenance needs.
- Assists with the performance and provides analysis of all existing contracts when requested.
- Proactively maintains knowledge of state and federal legislative and regulatory laws and rules.
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.'s mission, vision, values and follows policies.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with professional and departmental standards
Secondary Tasks: Practice Administrator with Clinical Experience
- Works as liaison with other clinic management team members to ensure successful flow of the organization's operations (e.g. billing, accounting, IT, pharmacy, etc.).
- Work with partners of the agency to design and implement marketing strategic plan
Responsible To: SR Director of Clinical Operations
Education/Professional: Practice Administrator with Clinical Experience
- Minimum of a regionally accredited Bachelor's degree required.
- At least five years of experience as a Medical Practice Manager or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Valid Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Practice Administrator with Clinical Experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to give and receive information over the telephone.
- Ability to effectively utilize problem-solving and decision-making techniques.
- Ability to make effective judgments and based on objective criteria.
- Strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including team building.
- Knowledge of EMR systems such as eClincal Works.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word, Power Point).
- Excellent people skills, open to direction and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to tactfully interact with diverse personalities.
- Promotes team work, productivity and delivery of high quality care.
- High comfort working in a diverse, busy environment with changing priorities.
- Knowledge of HIV medical terminology, procedures and treatment practices.
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred.
Machines/Equipment & Tools Used: Practice Administrator with Clinical Experience
- Computers and various software programs.
- Business machines.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Physical Requirements: Practice Administrator with Clinical Experience
- Neat, professional appearance.
- MEDIUM- Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time buy may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, visual and auditory acuity.
Other Duties: Practice Administrator with Clinical Experience
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAN is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.