Job ID: 2021-17763
# of Openings: 1
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients lives.
Aesculaps internship program provides an exciting opportunity for students to have hands on Marketing experience in the growing medical device field. Intern will be responsible for Marketing team support, marketing projects and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Assists product managers and other marketing team members in the completion of defined projects.
- Assists marketing department members to develop marketing communications materials and promotional items (catalogs, brochures, give-aways, press releases, and training materials).
- Data entry and spreadsheet compilation for product cross reference, set lists, catalogue management and customer profile mapping.
- Works with senior marketing member to conduct on-going research to define market/customer needs (includes interfacing with hospital personnel, surgeons, nurses, and sales representatives, as well as literature review) to support product or service lines.
- Evaluates pricing strategies and works with senior marketing member on implementation.
- Distributes updates on products, the market, and competitive activities as directed by senior marketing department member.
- Prepares and presents end of summer internship presentation to Executive Team.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Currently enrolled full time in an undergraduate program with a major in Marketing, Business, or other relevant field. (Junior year preferred)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- iOS Apps (general working knowledge)
- Language Skill: Proficiency in English language. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information. Ability to effectively present information to team members, management and clients.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic and advanced business math including manipulating spreadsheets in Excel and creating appropriate graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its Sharing Expertise initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.