See all jobs in Boca Raton FL
Job Location: Boca Raton, FL
Location: US-FL-Boca Raton
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technician/Clinical Unlicensed
System ID: 11980
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Orderly- looking for an energetic, pleasant, self-directed, accountable team player, able to anticipate the needs of nursing staff at the center
- Checks updated schedule each morning and prepares supplies and equipment.
- Assists Preop and PACU nursing personnel with patient care, predominantly positioning, moving, transferring and ambulating patients
- Provides care according to policies and procedures.
- Communicates relevant information to nurse, physicians, managers and appropriate staff.
- Provides for patient safety by use of monitors, side rails, assistance in ambulating and use of call bell.
- Sets priorities to facilitate the flow of patients efficiently.
- Cleans equipment according to procedure.
- Cleans, restocks, and tidy area at end of day in preparation for next day
- Checks inventory and notifies appropriate staff member to re-order.
- Strict adherence to hand washing policies and infection control practices
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school graduate.
- At least one year of experience required. BLS Certified or successful completion of certification within 90 days of employment.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient's medical and nursing care.
- Ability to set priorities
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, physicians etc
- Possesses clinical skills necessary to provide quality care to all patient age populations from pediatric to geriatric patients.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Recognizes the importance of teamwork
- Respects patient's right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality
- Provides a safe, efficient and supportive patient atmosphere.
- Is cognizant of health care cost.
- Attends staff meetings and inservice programs
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Is knowledgeable of and in compliance with facility policies and regulatory agencies
- Reports to supervisor needed repairs or maintenance of equipment or building.
- Assist with housekeeping tasks as needed.
- Is knowledgeable and responds appropriately to emergency situations
- MACHINES/EQUIPMENT USED: Clinical equipment used for patient care, i.e., monitors, stretchers, clinical loungers, wheelchairs, walkers, and other clinical equipment specific to working in the center. Office equipment: computer, copy/scanner/fax machine
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Indoors in climate-controlled environment. Patient care environment with potential exposure to unpleasant odors, to blood and body fluids which may carry infection, to infectious disease, and to chemical and electrical hazards. Occasional exposure to outdoor climate.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Good visual acuity, accurate color vision. Ability to lift/transfer patients in excess of 100 pounds, which may require pushing, pulling and essentially utilizing a full range of body movement. Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. Ability to reach, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel fine sensation to discern temperature, texture, size and shape. Ability to speak and hear.