At Vector Solutions, it is our distinct privilege to serve the everyday heroes who serve others the engineers who keep our buildings safe, the manufacturers who make the products we use every day, the first responders who protect us, and the educators who take care of our children. Through our award-winning online education, safety compliance, and performance optimization solutions, our mission is to change the world by saving lives, inspiring professionals, and elevating performance.
We believe in fostering a positive workplace culture that attracts talent, drives engagement, increases performance, and invests in employees' happiness and satisfaction.
So, if you're innovative, passionate about what you do, and driven by the need to push boundaries in order to serve the everyday heroes that serve all of us, then search for your forever career with us at Vector Solutions.
Vector Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. diversity of every kind.
Why you will love working at Vector Solutions:
- Friendly, open, and casual work environment (ditch the suit & tie)
- Comprehensive, quality benefits package effective first of the month following your date of hire
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Healthy work-life balance with flexible work arrangements and generous time off
- Educational assistance available for all employees
- Generous referral incentive program
- Company social events
- Philanthropic opportunities
Vector Solutions is seeking an HR Generalist I to assist in administering human resources policies and procedures. The HR Generalist I collects and maintains HR data related to compensation, benefits, training, and recruitment to help make recommendations for improvement. This position also provides support on projects and employee relation matters.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for company employees.
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee policies and procedures.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Support employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Assist in preparing employee separation documentation.
- Provide support and guidance to managers with handling separations and exit processes.
- Apply knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees.
- Prepare and maintain ad-hoc reports necessary to carry out functions of department.
- Prepare periodic reports to top management, as necessary or requested.
- Support HR projects as assigned.
- This position does not have any supervisory requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, employee relations, and employee/manager development.
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; an articulate and persuasive communicator including strong presentation skills; some analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Maintains positive attitude and demonstrates the utmost in professionalism.
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Completes work accurately and in a timely manner.
- Works independently and possesses good judgment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to a changing environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience within HR or relevant experience.
- SHRM or PHR certification a plus.