See all jobs in Stamford CT
Job Location: Stamford, CT
Location: US-CT-Stamford | US-AL-Birmingham | US-IL-Deerfield
# of Openings: 1
System ID: 13978
Surgical Care Affiliates is currently seeking a Business Devlopment Associate. Reporting to the Development Vice President, the Development Associate is responsible for leading the internal deal process, as well as supporting the external development activity and market strategy development.
This role will work remotely. Strong preference for someone living in the following areas: Deerfield IL, Philadelphia PA, or Birmingham AL.
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR US:
- We value results more than face-time
- We promote flexible schedules
- Our benefits begin on day one of employment
- We are committed to having a healthy work environment
- We are committed to work-life balance
- Our team members are encouraged to volunteer and work on passion projects
- We host social events and group activities throughout the year
- We promote and encourage self-care
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Create market profiles and recommendations to inform strategic decisions of Development Director or Senior Director
- Prepare executive approval packages with assistance from Development Director or Senior Director; review financial outputs from Senior Analyst or Analyst for accuracy
- Work with client to gather financial data to use as a baseline for pro forma financial models for mergers, acquisitions and de novos
- Work with Department Leads to provide Development Senior Analysts and Analysts key modeling assumptions based on facility projections; work with Finance and Operational leaders to confirm key assumptions in the pro forma financial model
- Oversee work product of Senior Analysts and Analysts to ensure financial projections are accurate for deal underwriting
- Prepare external pitch decks and presentations; present financial section as appropriate
- Observe deal negotiations and provide transaction details as needed to Development Director or Senior Director and legal counsel
- Have a thorough understanding of all value drivers at the surgery center level
- Demonstrate ability to synthesize elements of our value proposition that drive an investment thesis
- Think critically about how a transaction supports the overall strategy of the market and the Company
- Ensure accuracy of deal summaries to inform Enterprise resourcing and financial decisions
- Confirm and set appropriate expectations to ensure that communication and deliverables to internal/external customers are accurate and prompt
- Acts as a role model to Analysts and Senior Analysts in terms of behaviors, approach to work, and partnership with other lanes
- Positively contribute to team culture
- Conduct all business matters with the highest degree of integrity and ensure that a culture of compliance is fostered
- Begin to understand compliance related issues and awareness to raise to the appropriate SCA resources in a timely manner
- Bachelor's Degree required; Finance, Economics, Business or related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, accounting, finance, healthcare consulting or related field
- Ability to independently travel up to 25% as needed (up to 2 days per week)
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates