See all jobs in Birmingham AL
Job Location: Deerfield, IL
Location: US-AL-Birmingham | US-IL-Chicago | US-AL-Birmingham | US-CA-Pasadena | US-TX-Irving | US-IN-Carmel
# of Openings: 1
System ID: 13425
The Benefits Analyst position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of leaves and group benefits programs, including: group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and retirement plan. Consults and advises teammates and management on the interpretation of leave and benefit policies, programs, and procedures. The Benefits Analyst participates in investigating benefit/leave issues, monitors leave and benefits administration, recommends improvement to existing programs, and provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the leave and benefit programs.
This role will work remotely but must be located in driving distance of one of our corporate headquarters or regional business offices. Strong Preference for Deerfield IL, Indianapolis IN, Dallas, TX or Birmingham AL.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Responds to leave and benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries
- Develops, deploys and trains managers, teammates and HR on benefits and leaves, and ensures protocols are being adhered to
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) within SCA for benefits and leave of absence management, including FMLA and State leaves. Advises individuals regarding eligibility and coverage, and interprets more complex aspects of company leave/benefits programs for teammates and dependents
- Analyzes and provides advice to supervisors on methods and approaches to resolve employee leave/benefit concerns, and assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes
- Prepares and schedules meetings and/or communication tools designed to help teammates obtain information and understand company leaves, benefits and other related (incentive) programs
- Ensures programs are carried out in accordance with company's policies and procedures
- Pinpoints needs for modification or changes in program design, administrative procedures, and internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency
- Completion of applicable forms including HIPP, child support, Medicare, and life insurance claim forms
- Assist in COBRA administration
- Assists with the open enrollment process
- Partners with MetLife (leave vendor) to manage all leave related activities
- Updates records for all teammates leaving for and returning from leave and monitors teammate leave communications from vendor partner
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities
- Partners with HR Generalists to analyze individual employee situations and leave accommodation requests, and recommend next steps/outcomes to supervisors
- Initiates continuing education to gain full working knowledge of new or changing legal requirements and best practices effecting SCA's leave, disability and time off plans
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, business or related field preferred
- 1-2 years of general HR experience required
- Either benefits administration and leave management experience required with Leave Management strongly preferred
- PHR and/or CEBS professional designations preferred
- Ability to travel quarterly approximately 10%
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organization skills required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an in-depth knowledge of benefit plan designs
- General knowledge of STD and LTD plans/policies, as well as FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, and ACA regulations
- Intermediate knowledge of general system environments and process flows
- Project management experience
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Capability to effectively plan and establish priorities
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook are required
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.