See all jobs in Houston TX
Job Location: Houston, TX
Riot Creative Imaging is seeking a Print Estimator in Houston, TX
If you have a background in large format digital printing, then this might be a job for you.
These are the exciting things you get to do:
This is what we are looking for in your background:
- Accurately create printing estimates according to specifications provided by the customer or sales team, and in line with standards and rates set up by the company
- Analyze documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Engineer the best production plan for a project.
- Evaluate all methods available for producing a job and provides quotes based on the most economical method.
- Plan jobs using a variety of substrates and printing methods
- Revise estimates as needed due to specification changes.
- Perform job cost analysis.
- Develop knowledge of materials available and recommends cost-saving opportunities.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Consult with sales, vendors, personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Must evaluate individual responsibilities and use initiative and resourcefulness to develop new methods, criteria or propose new policies.
- Maintain estimating standard procedures.
- Assure quality standards are met before delivering a quote.
- Utilize estimating software to provide quotes to Customer Service Representatives.
- Consult with the appropriate department managers to determine production capabilities and optimal production process.
- Advise and provide direction and support to employees trying to determine specifications on a project.
- Attempts to sell add-on or new services/merchandise to existing and previous customers.
- Informs customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Greets customers
- E-mails or calls customer with questions regarding estimate of orders when appropriate.
- Participates in on-going ARC and other training to update technical skills and knowledge.
- Identify suppliers and internal resources appropriate for each quote request
- Research new sources of supply
- Solicit supplier quotations for new and existing items
- Perform cost and lead time analysis to meet customer expectations
- Coordinate all customer bids with Sourcing to ensure proper execution.
- Effectively communicate and review quoting threshold data with upper management
- Work effectively with Sourcing and Buyer/Planners to collaborate on Approved Supplier Lists (ASL's) and supplier development
- Generate and maintain reports as required
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school plus two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous reprographics experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and follow-through ability.
- Ability to effectively promote the superior products and services of ARC.
- Ability to track orders throughout the production and delivery process and keep customers accurately informed.
- Strong competencies with Adobe Creative Suites, PhotoShop, Excel, Word, and Onyx (a plus) or ability to learn required software technologies.
- Strong comprehension of small format, large format, and color production processes.
- Ability to assess/troubleshoot customer software and hard copy orders for production problems or issues.
- Ability to understand and accurately communicate cost estimate information to the customer.
- Ability to follow complex processes and procedures accurately.
- Able to multi-task while maintaining quality control and accuracy.
Company provided cellphone and computer
Comprehensive Employee benefits that include full health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401-K Plan with company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan giving you 15% money by allowing you to buy ARC stock on the NYSE at 15% below street value
A management team that supports you and want to see you be successful
Culture of caring for our employees
To all recruitment agencies:
ARC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our Careers alias or other ARC employees. ARC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.