Job ID: 2021-8124
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville
Do you want to be the "eyes" and "ears" of our community? Do you want to know all the resident gossip? Do you want to be the first person to recognize something that needs to be addressed? Consider joining us! Our housekeeping team is the best! They work together to clean our residents rooms and make it feel like their home. The daily tasks include vacuuming, mopping, dusting disinfecting, and sanitizing bathrooms, cleaning mirrors and pictures, and collecting all trash. The housekeeper also assists in setting up the dining room, activity room, and living room as necessary.
A housekeepers keen eye is critical in observing the community daily and reporting any needed repairs or other issues. This position often grows into other opportunities at our communities through direct care of our residents. This position could be your first step in becoming a nurse or an executive! Team members can pursue a nursing education and Commonwealth Senior Living will assist with paying for education and providing training! Start your career with Commonwealth Senior Living! Commonwealth Senior Living is a recognized leader in senior living, employing around 2,000 associates, and is a two consecutive year recipient of the Great Place to Work certification!
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions with established procedures as assigned.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing and disinfecting.
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
- Clean and polish any furnishings in hallways and, if applicable, in stairways and elevator.
- Clean resident rooms, to include vacuuming, mopping, dusting disinfecting, and sanitizing bathrooms, cleaning mirrors and pictures.
- Collect all trash from rooms, offices, lounges, and bathrooms daily.
- Clean walls, windows and baseboards by washing, wiping off, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc. Keep all windows, cabinets, doors, and mirrors smudge-free and clean.
- Assist in setting up dining room, activity room, and living room as necessary.
- Report any needed repairs to maintenance personnel or Administrator.
- Keep all housekeeping equipment, storage areas, janitors closets, and housekeeping carts clean and uncluttered, and free of any hazardous equipment and supplies, etc.
- Respond to residents needs as requested.
- Launder community linens as needed.
- Inform Maintenance Director of all supply needs in a timely manner.
- Report all accidents/ incidents to the Administrator on the day of occurrence, along with important resident observations.
- Ensure that cleaning schedules are followed as closely as possible.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to ensure resident rights are protected; honor residents personal property rights.
- Other duties as assigned