As a member of the Human Resources Team, this position is responsible for developing and implementing a Total Rewards strategy to drive overall talent attraction and retention strategies for the Company. Responsible for analyzing compensation data within an organization and evaluating job positions to determine classification and salary. Administers employee insurance plans and works with insurance brokers and plan carriers.
Specific Job Duties
Leadership and Strategy
- Act as subject matter expert for compensation and benefits best practices and market competitiveness. Develop a Total Rewards program in support of Company goals and objectives.
- Partner with internal clients and HR Managers to ensure coordination and proactive consideration of issues related to compensation and benefits.
- Conduct audits and assessments of Company compensation and benefits programs to ensure compliance and consistency with Total Rewards strategy. Make changes where required.
- Responsible for compliance communications and training (e.g., HIPPA).
- Prepare and deliver presentations on compensation and benefit issues for Company leadership and employees.
- Stay up to date on all state and federal regulations impacting benefits and compensation matters.
- Monitor and evaluate the Companys Health and Welfare benefits programs. Ensure benefits are current, competitive, and cost-effective in regard to trends and practices.
- Coordinate development of benefits materials, roll-out and manage administration of the annual enrollment process.
- Support the negotiation of coverage services and costs with carriers, brokers and providers to ensure excellent service and competitive rates.
- Conduct annual medical renewal and cost sharing strategy recommendation. Review ancillary benefits (e.g., STD, LTD, Life, and EAP) renewals and ensure cost competitive contracts as well as competitive coverage.
- Develop and implement competitive Wellness programs to assist with benefit cost containment.
- Conduct job evaluations to ascertain proper grade and compensation level.
- Support Recruitment in conducting research and preparing compensation offers for new hires.
- Manage compensation survey participation.
- Manage bonus and incentive plan administration.
- Conduct position analyses across all concepts to evaluate internal equity, market competitiveness and compliance of the organizations pay practices.
- Annually evaluate the competitive market for positions in the company both internally and externally and recommend changes as necessary to maintain competitiveness.
- Design, implement, and manage job classification and compensation programs.
- Support performance management process by overseeing merit increases and salary structure.
- Develop job descriptions for various positions and determine appropriate base pay.
- Manage and advise on salary adjustment process for exempt and non-exempt.
- Conduct benchmarking and internal compensation analyses as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in Compensation & Benefits to include analysis, plan design and program administration.
- Experience in researching and designing health and welfare benefit plan offerings and managing third party providers.
- Experience in ensuring compliance and cost effective of programs and policies.
- Experience with salary surveys, benchmarking analysis and job classifications.
- Experience with Total Rewards components; base and incentive pay, work/life benefits, base and ancillary benefits, market pricing and pay for performance.
- Equivalent combination of education, skills and experience will be considered.
- Professional training and certification in Compensation and/or Benefits.
- Benefits and compensation program management in the restaurant industry.
- Masters degree.