MedMark is looking for Custodian/Housekeeper to maintain cleanliness and sanitize high traffic areas and surfaces of clinic. This position requires janitorial skills, housekeeping skills, people skills, the ability to work cooperatively with patients recovering from substance abuse and the ability to follow direction and instruction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs regular and routine house cleaning of the facility and is responsible for cleaning all staff offices, exam rooms, and administrative areas.
- The Custodian/Housekeeper will be assigned specific tasks and areas for cleaning.
- The Custodian/Housekeeper is required to maintain cleaning supplies inventory for the facility and order any materials through the Program Director.
- The Custodian/Housekeeper is responsible for reporting any equipment problems, needs or issues (such as the mops, buckets, gloves) to the Program Director prior to leaving that day.
- The Custodian/Housekeeper is responsible for reporting any maintenance issues to the Program Director prior to leaving that day this includes leaking faucets or toilets in the patient and staff restrooms, deeply stained carpets, broken curtains and/or chairs couches).
- Communicates with the Program Director regarding all cleaning issues.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Reports facility, operational and maintenance issues to Program Director.
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with BayMark Services policy is expected.
- Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion supporting the Companys mission.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with HIPAA policy and procedures.
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Computer literacy for our human resources program for time reporting.
- Excellent customer service and multi-cultural sensitivity demeanor.
- Ability to assess operational needs of a large outpatient facility and communicate effectively with Program Director.
- Able to lift 30 pounds for routine performance of essential functions.
- Ability to bend, stretch and move for house cleaning purposes.
- Ability to fill and empty mop buckets.
- Ability to use care when handling cleaning supplies and detergents.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic health standards for a healthcare facility.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions and use supervision; to work cooperatively with people; to maintain an objective attitude; to exercise tact and initiative with patients.
- Ability to reach corners on a floor and 10 foot ceilings for cleaning and dusting.
- Excellent customer service skills and multi-cultural sensitivity.
- Interpersonal skills that promote interdisciplinary collaboration and effective communication.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
Here is what you can expect from us:
MedMark a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veterans status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.