Lumbermens is a leading distributor and manufacturer that is driven by a mission to be first choice of our customers, suppliers and employee owners. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan and operating in ten strategic locations throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Northern Kentucky, Lumbermens is set apart by our 100% employee-ownership and by the diversity of the products we sell, the services we provide and the industries in which we operate.
Located at our Byron Center, MI location, the Machine Operators are responsible for ensuring the timely completion of customer orders. This includes:
- Operate designated equipment to complete daily production schedule
- Ensuring excellent quality of all products through visual inspection to customer prints and verify with the use of measurement tools
- Maintain Company and OSHA safety procedures at all times
- Maintain the organization, maintenance, and cleanliness (5S) of the work area assigned by the Production Manager
Machine operators would be using the following equipment to fabricate work surfaces and wood components:
- Multicam nested-base router
- SCM pod-and-rail CNC
- IMA linear edgebander
- Schelling saw
- SNX semi-automatic contour edgebander
Ideal candidates are motivated, enthusiastic self-starters with a high attention to detail and experienced in operating machinery.
At Lumbermens, we pride ourselves on treating our customers like family and delivering exceptional service. Its crucial that the person selected to fill this role is highly organized and detail-oriented, service-minded, a strong and friendly communicator, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
This position offers a $250 annual clothing allowance to offset costs for work apparel, protective footwear, and PPE.
- High school diploma is required
- Prior CNC experience is a plus
- Mechanical aptitude
- Mathematical aptitude
- Punctual and dependable
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to do things right the first time
- Ability to use calipers and micrometers
- Hilo experience
- Ability to make adjustments in G-code
- Ability to measure and adjust tooling
- Ability to measure and set up blades
- Edgebanding experience
- Ability to work on feet for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
Lumbermen's offers an exceptional work environment, competitive compensation, and great benefits, including: medical, dental, life, 401K, and a generous company-funded ESOP program. Take ownership of your career today!