The Executive Chef/Kitchen Manager partners closely with the General Manger and Assistant Kitchen Mangers to coach and inspire our team members, manage daily operations of the kitchen, ensure we deliver on product quality and presentation, along with ensuring we are maintaining a proper speed of service. The kitchen manager also oversees ordering, production, people development, waste and inventory within the back of the house.
Silverspot Cinema offers a competitive salary and great benefits! For management positions, Silverspot covers 100% of employee only health insurance, dental, vision and basic life insurance/AD&D. We also offer dependent/spouse coverage as well as supplemental benefits such as short-term disability and long-term disability. Our eligible associates also enjoy vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, movie passes and employee discounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the company's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate in coordination with the HR partner.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen Team Members.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on Team Member performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labors cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of company policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Keep General Manager and Director of Operations promptly and fully informed of all issues.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a positive and professional working culture.
- Always complies with all sanitation and nutritional regulations and safety standards.
- Stays up to date on current food and industry trends locally and nationally.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Five Years Executive Chef -Kitchen Management experience in a full Service Restaurant
Minimum Five Years Cooking in a Full Service Restaurant
High School Diploma; College degree preferred
ServSafe Manager or other Nationally recognized food service certification
Must keep all relevant certifications/credentials up to date (i.e. Serv Safe, Food Handler and/or Alcohol Server).
The ability to remain on your feet for a period of 12 hours or longer
The ability to lift or carry up to 50 lbs. when necessary
The ability to work in a stressful environment, including hot and cold temperatures.
Above average knife skills
The ability to maintain calm in high pressure situations
Silverspot Cinema is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Silverspot Cinema also participates in E-Verify.