Summary & Objective
The Technician, Maintenance is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facility grounds and equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems.
- Maintain the heating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilation systems in the facility through basic maintenance or repairs.
- Minor soldering, plumbing, electrical repairs, and minor carpentry repairs to walls (patch and painting), roofs, windows or ceilings.
- Unclog toilets, sinks and other drainage areas of the plumbing system.
- Keep grounds cleans and free of clutter
- Maintain work request through maintenance software
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Participates in staff in-service training
- Provides orientation to new employees as needed.
- Floats to other units as assigned
- Follows all safety precautions
- Maintain mandatory skill updates
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently work in outside weather condition and is frequently exposed to fumes and airborne particles.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
St. Anne's Nursing Center & Residence is located about 5 miles south of Zoo Miami
11855 Quail Roost Drive
Miami, Fl. 33177.Requirements:
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Knowledge of air conditioning and refrigeration is preferred
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language