See all jobs in Council Bluffs IA
Job Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Risen Son Christian Village
3000 Risen Son Boulevard
Job ID: 2021-5334
Location: US-IA-Council Bluffs
BE PART OF SOMETHING MORE
At Risen Son Christian Village (Christian Horizons), you'll find a rewarding place to work with the satisfaction that comes from living your purpose and making a real difference in the lives of others. You'll find an incredible spirit in our community. It's in the smiles of our residents and the dedication of our associates. It inspires all who share our mission - from our Chef to our DON, from Housekeepers to Chaplains. Remarkable people work here and there's a place here for you.
Founded in 1962, our God-centered mission continues today. Our mission is to cultivate a compassionate and positive environment where living means thriving, where residents lead the abundant life they were intended to lead.
We are looking for a compassionate and talented Director of Nursing (DON) to lead our nursing team in providing exceptional care to our residents.
We offer a competitive package:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Group Accident, and Critical Illness
- 457 Plan Quarterly Contributions
- Employee Associate Assistant Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Associate Discounts
- Directs, evaluates and supervises all resident care.
- Provides overall administrative guidance for the function of the Infection Prevention/ Control program.
- Allocates adequate resources to support infection prevention and control activities.
- Participates in the assessment or analysis of the success/failure of key processes within the infection prevention/control program.
- Participates in the review and revision of the program as appropriate
- Ensures integration of infection prevention/control activities into the communities QAA/QAPI
- Assesses resident responses to medication and treatments and make appropriate recommendations for nursing action to be implemented.
- Establishes and oversees an appropriate Medicare program.
- Ensures building remains in substantial compliance for all state and federal agencies.
- Plans and manages the process of ensuring the building does well in all state and federal surveys.
- Functions as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide quality care to all residents.
- Assesses quality indicator reports and take corrective action as necessary.
- Demonstrates consistent management of nursing service problems and emergency situations.
- Initiates life-saving measures in the absence of a physician.
- Fosters self-respect and a feeling of worth in each resident by consistent kindness, understanding, and patience in their care.
- Ensures quality customer service to the residents, families, staff, and all external customers the department serves.
- Maintains sensitivity and awareness of the faith-based care provided, keeping constituent and donor opinions in mind when making decisions.
- Conducts staff meetings with all shifts to plan, coordinate, and implement departmental and corporate policies and procedures.
- Directs and supervises the scheduling of employees within established guidelines for allocation of personnel on duty.
- Assumes responsibility for department compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate regulations.
- Assumes accountability for the development, organization and implementation of approved policies and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, hires department staff, conducts counseling interviews and initiates disciplinary action as necessary.
- Orients new employees to their duties according to the corporate guidelines.
- Demonstrates consistent management of staff and resources.
- Operates department within the established budget guidelines.
- Organizes and maintains all records necessary.
- Supervises proper care and use of equipment and waste disposal procedures in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Consistently works cooperatively with residents, staff, volunteers, and families to ensure residents are receiving the best quality care.
- Attends and participates in continuing education programs designed to keep abreast of changes in the profession.
- Participates in developing, planning, conducting, and scheduling in-service training classes to help ensure a well-educated staff.
- Observes all community policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, infection control, residents' rights, and those contained in the employee handbook and nursing policies and procedures manual.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all protected health information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an incidental disclosure.
- Applies the minimum necessary standard in all matters related to residents' protected health information.
- Graduate from certified school of nursing.
- Current license with the state as a Registered Nurse in good standing required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in nursing supervision position required.
- Working knowledge of Medicare required.
- Knowledge of survey process required.
- Ability to analyze and assess reports, including but not limited to QIs, Oscars, and other CMS/state reports required.
- Previous Medicare unit program experience and the successful management of an extensive Medicare census preferred.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office experience preferred.
- Display leadership qualities, good communication skills, and a desire to continuously learn.
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions.