Summary & Objective
The Receptionist welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries, directs visitors, maintains security by following safety procedures, monitoring logbook, issuing visitor badges and oversees the front reception area.
- Greets and provides direction to visitors, patients and/or resident and staff members in a courteous manner and responds to them with positive attitude at all times.
- Operates multi-line telephone system and properly forwards calls to appropriate extension / department.
- Receives and places local emergency calls for police, ambulance and fire department as requested.
- Provides information assistance with telephone extensions, numbers, names, dialing procedures and inquiries.
- Acts as collection center for outgoing mail and pick-up/drop-off point for entire facility.
- Receives daily mail/ deliveries.
- Responds to alarm systems when activated, and makes appropriate announcements via paging system.
- Complies with federal HIPAA regulations and practice policies for the privacy and security of patient and/or resident information.
- Assists with administrative tasks as requested.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Maintain required certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Complies with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-2 years' experience operating multiline telephone system is preferred
- Must have knowledge of computer office software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.