Summary & Objective
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible planning organizing, developing and directing the overall 24-hour maintenance operation of the Maintenance Department in accordance with current Federal State and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates and directs the Maintenance Department, its programs and activities.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of all maintenance and repair work including electrical (outlets, appliances, switches, circuits); plumbing (stoppage, fittings, leaks); flooring (tile and carpet); carpentry (doors, shelves, work benches); air conditioning (filters, compressors, fans, etc.)
- Keeps accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, inspections and inventories.
- Coordinates and supervises routine maintenance work including response to work requests by residents.
- Reviews maintenance job orders to determine work priorities.
- Repairs concrete masonry and plaster when required to keep the building in good condition.
- Assists the Property Manager in scheduling annual appointment inspections and responds to needs to refurbish apartments prior to leasing to new tenant.
- Responsible for the painting of apartments prior to renting and periodically paints selected outside areas to protect the building structure.
- Inspects common areas and outside of building to identify need for repairs or refurbishing.
- Keeps accurate, clearly defined map of all water and gas meter cut-offs, apartment fixture cut-offs, and sewer clean outs to assist in responding to emergency repairs in any of these areas.
- Participates in a stand by emergency schedule for evening, weekend and holiday coverage to ensure that help is available in the event of any emergency maintenance problem
- Monitors and evaluates contracts for maintenance service and keeps up with changes in supplies and their products.
- Maintains up to date inventory list and is responsible for stock control and utilization of materials.
- Participates in all fire and disaster drills in coordination with the Property Manager.
- Provide training, guidance, counseling, and discipline as needed for departmental team members.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Process requisitions (purchase order) via administrative approval, tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Implement work practices, rules, and safety practices that ensure compliance with policies, rules, and procedures.
- Assists maintenance staff in performing tasks such as upkeep of grounds, pest control and other maintenance duties.
- Assists Property Manager with annual inspections, documenting any alterations to apartments and doing the work, which is identified during inspection.
- Maintains and prepares a variety of inventory and work assignment records. Initiates requests for needed supplies and equipment to accomplish assigned tasks and maintains records of time and materials utilized.
- Assures that maintenance supplies have been replenished in work areas as necessary.
- Promotes positive employee engagement, teamwork, mutual respect and safety work practices.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of construction or maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds and equipment, including experience performing a variety of semi-skilled facility maintenance, construction and repair.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of occupational safety rules and regulations.
- Must possess a valid State of Florida Driver's License.
- Must have knowledge of computer office software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.