CATHOLIC HOME HEALTH OF BROWARD
LPN - PER DIEM / MON. - FRI. & FLEXIBLE TO WORK WEEKENDS
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
DANIA BEACH; HOLLYWOOD; HALLANDALE BEACH; MIRAMAR; & PEMBROKE PINES
Summary & Objective
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible to provide direct and indirect patient care services primarily on a visiting and intermittent basis in the patient's home in accordance with the policies and procedures of Catholic Home Health Services. Such care must be provided in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the agency, and as may be required by the Registered Nurse, Clinical Manager, Director of Professional Services, or the Administrator to ensure that the highest quality care is maintained at all times.
- Provide professional nursing services under the direction of a RN in compliance with the state's Nurse Practice Act, any applicable licensure/certification requirement, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and regulations, and agency policies and procedures.
- Provide skilled nursing interventions in the treatment of the patient/client's illness, rehabilitative needs and preventative care.
- Utilize a holistic approach in the provision of problem specific therapeutic interventions, teaching and training activities in accordance with the plan of care.
- Apply knowledge and skills in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice to facilitate problem resolution and achieve individualized patient goals and outcomes.
- Confer with the RN Supervisor regarding needed changes in the Plan of Care (POC).
- Accept verbal orders from physician were permitted by state law/regulations/Nurse Practice Act and communicate these orders to the RN Supervisor.
- Utilize a systematic, individualized goal/outcome driven approach in implementing the nursing plan of care.
- Apply concepts of agency's infection control plan and universal precaution in coordination/performing client cares activities to protect both patient and staff (OSHA).
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Maintain contact with patients, physicians, clinical manager(s), other members of the healthcare team in a timely manner regarding patient/family needs and status changes.
- Participate in care coordination activities and discharge planning as appropriate.
- Appropriately communicate to ensure adherence to professional standards in the provision of and availability of supplies, materials and equipment needed to safely and effectively implement the plan of care.
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner to assure compliance with agency policy.
- Demonstrate commitment and professional growth by participating in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when recipient's right to access is clearly established and sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training..Requirements:
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- At least 1 year or more with current/active Florida State Professional License
- At least 1 year of more experience as a LPN working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse in an acute or post-acute care setting
- At least one year home care experience in Medicare Certified agency- preferred
- IV Certified- Preferred
- Knowledgeable of AHCA Regulations, Medicare COP's Guidelines
- Evidence of the ability to coordinate patient care, strong interpersonal skills, problem solving ability, decision making ability and ability to work closely with others.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to home health care.
- Proficient with use of computers.
- Ability & willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.