CATHOLIC HOME HEALTH OF BROWARD
CLINICAL MANAGER (REGISTERED NURSE)
FULL TIME - FLEXIBLE TO WORK ON WEEKENDS
*****OFFERING A BONUS AFTER PROBATIONARY PERIOD!!!!*****
Summary & Objective
The Clinical Manager is responsible for the oversight of all personnel and all patient care services provided by the home health agency to meet patient care needs. The Clinical Manager ensures quality and safe delivery of home health patient care teams and services and coordinates patient related services.
- Oversees and coordinates patient and personnel assignments to ensure safe and effective care delivery for the home health patients.
- Reviews electronically submitted documentation and provides feedback to clinicians regarding deficiencies or corrections to ensure the medical records reflect compliance with medical necessity, homebound status, and visit utilization and are supported by individual patient assessment/ documentation support and transition (discharge) planning.
- Coordinates patient referrals.
- Oversees and assists in assigning the personnel to patient care teams and cases.
- Works with other departments in the development of personnel qualifications and development of the personnel policies.
- Communicates and collaborates with the QAPI team, Administrator and Governing Body, to ensure the highest quality of outcomes for the patient population.
- Assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the individualized plan of care.
- Ensures the accuracy of patient care delivery planning, oversight and materials.
- Implements an effective patient care related education, protocols and practices.
- Uniformly enforces policies and procedures, rules and regulation.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Uses statistical data to determine quality and quantity of services.
- Supervises, monitors, and ensures competencies and performance of assigned home health care team(s) and ensures the delivery of quality home health services.
- Reviews agency assigned team outcome data, participates in and facilitates improvement activities for agency outcomes performance.
- Coordinates with other program areas and management as appropriate.
- Maintains ongoing communication regarding patient care with physicians, referral sources, caregivers, patients, community management, and associates to facilitate coordination of care.
- Assures appropriate staff supervision during all operating hours, and after hours.
- Promotes positive employee engagement, teamwork, mutual respect and safety work practices.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training..Requirements:
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Clear and Active license as Physician, Registered Physical Therapy, Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathologist or Audiology to practice in the state of Florida.
- CPR certification required.
- 1-3 years of experience in a Health Care Facility preferred.
- 3-5 years of supervisory or management experience in home health or related field.
- Extensive knowledge in managing patient quality measures within the home health industry.
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.