SIGN-ON BONUS ($1,500.00 WITH A 2 YEAR CONTRACT)
Summary & Objective
The Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse will provide direct patient care while maintaining patient comfort and safety.
- Takes and records Vital signs including temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height and weight.
- Performs/Assists with the personal hygiene and activities of daily living (ADL's) and documents as needed.
- Passes out nourishments and water as scheduled or as requested.
- Communicates any change in patients and/or resident condition to nurse during each shift.
- Answers call lights within appropriate established timeframe.
- Maintains patient and/or resident safety at all times.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Follows the instructions of the nurse in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides floor orientation to new employees as needed.
- Maintains flexibility in assignment changes due to census fluctuation.
- Maintain your required certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient and/or resident care needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
St. Anne's Nursing Center & Residence is located about 5 miles south of Zoo Miami
11855 Quail Roost Drive
Miami, Florida 33177
Clear and Active Certified Nursing Assistant certification to practice in the state of Florida
Medication Administration Training (6 hours) for Assisted Living Facility (ALF) if applicable
1 year experience preferred
Computer skills sufficient to properly document services and care
Must be able to read, write and understand the English language