CATHOLIC HOSPICE INC.
HOSPICE AIDES / CNA POSITIONS OPEN
WORKING FOR THE POOL DEPARTMENT SERVING MIAMI DADE & BROWARD
8 PER DIEMS POSTIONS
Summary & Objective
The Hospice Aide provides a variety of services to hospice patients and their families, primarily in conjunction with or under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Performs personal care/home maintenance activities contained in a written assignment by a health professional employee.
- Makes visits as necessary according to assessed needs, within established time frames.
- Ensure effective communication with Interdisciplinary Teams.
- Call each patient to notify them of time of visit.
- Sign the sign-in log in the patient's home at each visit.
- Contact Clinical Care Manager when a patient refuses service.
- Contact Clinical Care Manager before leaving the patient's home if a patient/family does not answer the door.
- Acknowledge and accept feedback from quality assurance calls and apply any corrective actions to insure continual quality assurance and excellent customer service.
- Lifts, and/or move patients according to accepted nursing standards of body mechanics.
- Communicates any change in patients and/or resident condition to Registered Nurse.
- Maintain flexibility to schedule changes as patients may be added or subtracted to meet patient and family needs.
- Record services provided accurately.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team meetings.
- Assists in the orientation of new Hospice Aide's under the direct supervision of the Clinic Care Manager.
- Provide accurate and appropriate documentation and submit daily or as required, both in writing and by using the required technology.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Maintaining the ability to extend hospitality and patience while assisting patients, families, physicians and peers under stressful circumstances.
- Able to physically demonstrate, while giving verbal instructions to the patient and/or caregiver and family, basic skills to promote independence.
- Consistently able to work calmly and maintain effectiveness in situations of high stress.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Clear and Active Certified Nursing Assistant certification to practice in the state of Florida.
- CPR certification.
- 1-year experience required.
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.