Summary & Objective
Therapist, Respiratory help restore patient and/or resident's pulmonary function, alleviates pulmonary congestion and supports life by planning and administering medically prescribed respiratory therapy treatment and procedures.
- Perform initial and ongoing respiratory therapy evaluations according to National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) standards of practice as well as state standards and adjusts plan based on patient/resident pulmonary condition.
- Develop plan of care for each patient based on initial and ongoing evaluations including short and long term goals in collaboration of other clinical personnel and required patient and caregiver involvement.
- Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes scheduled patient load.
- Completes EKG's on all new admissions and ongoing as needed or required.
- Draw Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) when necessary
- Ensure Respiratory crash carts are properly equipped and logged on a daily basis.
- Ensure supplies, medications and equipment is available and properly stored.
- Completes all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ensure oxygen cylinders are maintained and available for daily use and emergencies
- Report patient and/or residents progress and/or changes to other clinical personnel involved in ongoing treatment/care of patients.
- Provides orientation to new employees as needed.
- Maintains flexibility in assignment changes due to census fluctuation.
- Maintain your required license, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient and/or resident care needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Clear and Active Registered Respiratory or Certified Respiratory Therapy license to practice in the state of Florida
- CPR certification
- AS or BS Degree in Respiratory Therapy from a respiratory therapy program approved by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- 1-3 years in Health Care Facility with Respiratory related experience preferred
- Computer skills sufficient to properly document services and care
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language