Summary & Objective
The Account Executive is a professional sales consultant who is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with physicians, physician office staff, social workers and case managers and increase referral activity and admissions into Catholic Hospice, Inc program.
- Acts as a consultant to our referral sources to educate them about Empath Health services, access to hospice care and delivery of end of life care.
- Proactively analyzes business trends and constructs appropriate growth plans within their territory.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to maximize the productivity and increase census.
- Consistently visits referral sources to educate about Hospice services.
- Increase our referral base by ensuring effective communication takes place with referral sources.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships across organizational boundaries to share information improve team-centered goals and leverage capabilities.
- Ability to respond to diverse referral sources regarding questions pertaining to Hospice services.
- Work collaboratively with Admissions and Community Relations to develop and integrate marketing strategies into the admission process.
- Travels throughout South Florida and expand territory as business needs dictate.
- Ensure referrals are taken from all sources, not limited to phone orders, including MD's, SW's, case managers, patients, and family members.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Organizes meetings with referral sources to provide educational information on Catholic Hospice services as well as on any other topic requested.
- Educates the community regarding hospice philosophy and concept through a case by case consultation with people in the community or educational in-service or seminar.
- Functions as a Catholic Hospice, Inc. representative at various trade shows, meetings and community functions.
- Collaborate with the Admissions team to maximize the efficiency and promptness of the referral process.
- Communicate with referral sources about appointments, MD orders, time frames for admission, and overcome any other barriers that may preclude us from a prompt and efficient admission.
- Coordinate as needed or directed with the Finance Department to ensure all avenues are taken for a prompt admission to Catholic Hospice, Inc., ensuring reimbursement areas are explored and verified prior to the admission process.
- Recognizes, reinforces and enhances the role of the volunteer in Hospice services provided.
- Ability to interact with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Attend various meetings as requested with minimal advanced notice.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide other duties of other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years outreach, professional relations, marketing or sales experience preferred.
- 5 years clinical / healthcare expertise in ALF/NH/ILF/Hospital setting preferred.
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.