Summary & Objective
The EVS Technician performs cleaning of rooms, hallways, elevators, and common areas, stripping and waxing of floor throughout the building using high speed buffer, slow speed scrubber, auto scrubber, carpet extractor, water vacuum and vacuum cleaner and also removes and transports garbage daily following infection control and safety precautions.
- Performs daily room cleaning that includes mopping, dusting and removal of trash.
- Changes mop water in bucket every 3 rooms or as needed for routine cleaning and isolation rooms.
- Cleans hall walls and common area completely, including high and low dusting, damp mop, railings, furniture and pictures in all required areas throughout the facilities.
- Cleans utility rooms completely on a daily basis.
- Cleans facility entrances exterior and interior and vacuums all mats.
- Throw out all trash and move soiled linen to laundry area.
- Strip and wax floor as per schedule.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Reports any supply, linen and chemical shortages, equipment breaks downs to supervisor on duty.
- Participates in staff in-service training.
- Follows all infection control and safety precautions when cleaning.
- Provides orientation to new employees as needed.
- Floats to other units as assigned.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory skill updates.
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide other duties of other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for extended periods of time, etc.
- The employee may work in outside weather condition and may be exposed to fumes and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous experience in property maintenance preferred.
- Must have knowledge of computer office software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language
- Must be Bilingual English/Spanish is Required