ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dovers visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Associate Engineer will develop materials and requirements for use in assembly or component designs for use in engineered products. They develop these materials with consideration of quality, cost, function, system integration and manufacturability. The Associate Engineer develops material concepts to meet requirements, helps develop test plans and tests products, documents material design and verification that the higher level product meets requirements, and supports production during manufacture.
- Develops understanding of softgoods materials, and manufacturing processes specifically for Space applications including: films, fabrics, adhesive systems, heat sealing, bonding, and sewing
- Develops understanding of Space NASA requirements for manned flight hardware design and use
- Applies engineering skills to research, design, test and evaluate materials for use in space flight programs.
- Develops understanding of product verification methods including: inflation and leakage testing, continuity testing, and materials physical properties testing
- Create, and maintain engineering and material control documents to ensure compliance with Space Flight Hardware requirements. Applies general engineering knowledge for product definition, including hardware and softgoods drawing generation, and generation of instructions for preparation of prototype or final product manufacture
- Develops and utilizes technical writing skills, specifically in the areas of final verification reports, failure analyses, and proposal generation, and applies these skills in project completion
- Utilizes internal process documentation, acronyms, and general procedures, including the ability to create or generate engineering change documents, disposition of quality discrepancy reports, requisitioning for procurement, and drawing release documentation
- Develops and utilizes team skills and interpersonal skills, including listening effectively, sharing information amongst team members, communicating among a large and varied production team, and coordinating activities based on project schedule requirements
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to work on Government programs (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering required, Textile related Engineering preferred
- 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Must be proficient with Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Presentation software and Internet software
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Working knowledge of textiles related testing, terms and basic lab equipment
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran