The Leasing Manager is responsible for the following areas:
Marketing and Leasing
- Greets prospective residents, qualifies, and determines needs and preferences
- Makes certain all-incoming phone calls from prospective tenants, current residents, and vendor/suppliers are answered and handled effectively.
- Monitors property management systems for tracking of lease and resident activity. This will include, but is not limited to, conversion ratios, renewals, commissions, and availability.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and friendly atmosphere in the leasing office and other common areas of the property
- Approves initial prospect application files.
- Proofs all lease paperwork and processes move-ins and move-outs. Ensures computer system is up-to-date concerning move-out notices, activity, etc.
- Works in conjunction with Community Manager and Resident Manager to review lease renewals each month and create a strategy based on current leasing velocity, market conditions, etc.
- Reviews resident records; ensures all policies and procedures are followed pertaining to resident communications and non-compliance documentation, e.g., resident complaints, service requests, eviction notices etc. Ensures all reports, leases and documentation is organized and properly stored electronically.
- Directly oversee the Leasing Consultants
- Supports the goals and principles of federal and state fair housing laws
- Conducts business in accordance with company policies and procedures and government laws pertaining to employers and apartments
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field and one year property management or
- Minimum of three years experience in leasing and property management or combination of education and experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong administrative and financial ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Multilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Team player