YOU You are a Business Intelligence Developer because you love data and the power it holds to impact the success of the company you are supporting. You enjoy finding and presenting actionable insights that enable business leaders to make informed decisions.
US - Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America. We are the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the U.S. Concealed Carry Association. The U.S. Concealed Carry Association exists to help responsibly armed Americans avoid danger, save lives and keep their families safe. The USCCA is one of the fastest-growing membership associations in the nation. We are proud to be recognized as an Inc. 5000 company NINE years in a row; recipient of Journal Sentinel Top Workplace - 5 years in a row, and Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace - 5 years in a row!
YOU You are looking for a place where you can grow into a senior level role within a collaborative team. You want to work in an environment where you will always have fresh new projects to work on that stretch your skills. You thrive in an environment where you have a voice in strategy discussions and are able to see the impact of your work.
US The Analytics Team at Delta Defense is looking for a Business Intelligence Developer who is passionate about data and driven to evaluate and understand how it can improve our members' experiences. We are a growth-oriented company with smart, innovative people who believe in what we do for our customers, our employees and our communities.
In this role you will play a key role in designing, managing and troubleshooting data layer databases and transforming data into a ready-to-consume format for business analysis. The Business Intelligence Developer will design and maintain schemas in our data warehouses, build data transforms for reporting in our BI tool (Domo), and assist the analytics team with data validation tasks and documentation.
You will use your skills to work closely with Business Analysts and other Data Developers to create / improve business processes, build meaningful documentation and validate the integrity of the data being reported. You will bring your strong performance record, excellent analytical and communication skills as well as your ability to rapidly adapt and execute on projects to our collaborative team. In this role you will own a variety of data responsibilities ranging from Data Exploration, Data Transforms in BI Tool (Domo), Data Validation, and Documentation.
This position can be performed remotely. We have an established set of tools to support remote work success.
- Modify and Create documentation as it relates to data structure and processes.
- Create, Modify and troubleshoot Domo SQL Data Transforms.
- Review current data processes, suggest and implement any necessary changes to improve data accuracy and Script/Data Flow performance.
- Create and Modify PostgreSQL Scripts to support Data Requests used daily by Analytics or other departments.
- Review data validation reports and resolve any data issues by manual data cleanup.
- Create and compare data validation reports to help ensure accurate data and identify possible data issues.
- Analyze data to identify potential discrepancies, inaccuracies and data elements required for visualization or reporting needs.
- Support data requests by creating one-time or multi-use queries in PostgreSQL and/or Domo.
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- 1-3 years of SQL Experience, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Performance driven professional with strong interpersonal leadership skills.
- Strong problem solving and statistical analysis skills
- Must have strong skills in database schema composition, spreadsheets, and documentation.
- 1-3 years experience in information technology, marketing, sales, or business development.
- Experience with Redshift, S3, Fivetran or other Data Warehouses.
- Strong achiever with a solid record of growing and building initiatives.
- Strong ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse range of people at all levels and functions of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Demonstrates the core values of Delta Defense.