General Responsibility Statement
Operates multiple line telephone console. Relays incoming, outgoing, and internal calls. Operates internal paging system. Acts as a receptionist for customers, visitors, and vendors. Administrates all clerical functions relating to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Provides clerical support such as data entry, typing, sorting, and stamping mail.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Accounts Receivable:
Enter and generate all invoicing for Maintainer Corp. of Iowa.
Enters cash receipts into computer and generate deposit slips.
Scans all deposits into electronic file software.
2. Accounts Payable:
Enter invoices in to Accounts Payable daily.
Scans invoices to electronic file software.
Maintain recurring payments and type manual checks.
Generate all Accounts Payable checks on a weekly basis.
Generate payroll and all related clerical functions on a job share basis.
Maintain all files pertaining to payroll.
4. General Ledger:
Prepares and enters general ledger journal entries for month end financial analysis and statements.
5. As required, answers, and transfers all incoming calls using a multi-line phone console with paging system. Acts as a receptionist for clients, visitors, vendors, and job applicants.
6. Pickup, sort, and distribute mail daily.
7. Support Manufacturing, Engineering, and Sales as needed with typing and filing.
8. Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and showing initiative in areas within direct control.
9. Performs miscellaneous tasks as directed by the supervisor or manager.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education, Reasoning ability, and or Experience
- Two-year associate degree in accounting or a related field preferred. Three to five years prior accounting experience in a manufacturing environment also preferred. Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- The ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Communication and Language skills
- Have a pleasant phone manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations. This could include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Needs a basic understanding of accounting functions and processes.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Required to sit for long periods of time and use CRT, PC computer, typewriter, and calculator keyboards and keypads. Required to use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, likewise, reach with arms and hands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is also at times, exposed to moving mechanical machinery, fumes and/or airborne particulates.
Other Skills and Abilities
Possesses basic computer and keyboarding skills. Familiar with all Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
Maintainer is an EEO employer.