Are you ready for a change? Do you enjoy working with children and making an impact in their lives? We are a Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care facility that works with medically fragile children. We are currently seeking LPN's to join our team. We are growing and expanding! Come and be part of the excitement! The ideal candidate will have 2+ years Pediatric experience. ( PICU, NICU, Neonatal) to work Monday- Friday. 8:30 am- 5:30 pm, 9:00 am- 6:00 pm, and per-diem.
Under the Director of Nursings guidance, LPN staff nurse promote and restores patients health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends and families; supervising assigned team members.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
2. Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Florida pursuant to chapter 464.F.S
3. Have a minimum of two years general pediatric nursing experience
4. Hold a current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
LPN administers nursing procedure to patients in accordance with patients nursing care plan, such as sterile dressings, soaks, compresses, enemas, suppositories, tube feeding, oxygen therapy, range of motion therapy, catherization, diabetic care, pre- and post-operative care etc. Sets up prescribed medications in accordance with patients nursing care plans.
1. Administers medications to patients orally, intra- or subcutaneously
2. Monitors effects of medications; records medications given and patients reactions
3. Observes and monitors movement and activities of patients in the PPEC.
4. Assist / review MAR monthly and as needed to ensure accuracy.
5. Writes daily progress notes, nursing notes and reports of unusual incidents.
6. Recognizes ad promptly reports conditions changes to supervisor.
7. Assists in carrying out rehabilitation programming and activities for the PPEC patient such as development of social skills, development of daily living skills,
8. Provides personal care services to patients including oral hygiene, bathing and hair care as needed, nail care, diapering and dressing.
9. Records treatment given in patients charts.
10. Takes, records and monitors patients vital signs.
11. Provides bed care to patients, re-positioning, ambulating and assisting with elimination needs. Moving to and from wheel chairs, etc.
12. Assists patients at mealtime and feeds patients needing such assistance.
13. Performs such safety and housekeeping assignments as washing and changing beds.
14. Spot cleaning spills and making safety rounds.
15. Provides emergency assistance as needed.
16. Attends required in service training.
17. Transcribes physician orders accurately and report information to the physician accurately, concisely and timely.
18. Performs related work as assigned.
19. Greets parents by name, offers assistance and is available as resource.
20. Accompanied child when transported out of the facility as directed.
21. Assist with admission and discharge procedures as directed by RN supervisor.
22. The LPN must take part in the quality improvement process at the PPEC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of Licensed Practical nursing techniques and methods
2. Knowledge of medications and treatments used in patient care.
3. Knowledge of infection control procedures.
4. Some knowledge of mental or behavioral characteristics of physically or mentally disabled people.
5. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
6. Ability to observe and record information used to make clinical and program staff decisions.
7. Ability to observe and evaluate conditions reactions and changes in the physical and mental conditions of patients.
8. Ability to communicate effectively.
9. Ability to maintain appropriate attitudes and conduct necessary to the welfare of patients.
10. Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
Additional knowledge skills and abilities
Considerable knowledge of patients rights and the nursing care polices of the facility.
Ability to organize and coordinate activities of a nursing care team.
Ability to determine work priorities.
Ability to resolve complex work-related problems.
**The job duties require the employee to handle the physical demands of work including lifting and positioning patients, walking and aggressive behavior management practices.
We offer you a excellent benefits package with a competitive compensation package with growth opportunities. Your benefits include, medical, dental, vision, life, accident insurance, PTO, Paid vacation, employee birthday celebration, employee discount program, Employee Referral $$