Do you enjoy working with children? Are you looking for a rewarding career with a growing company? We are a leading pediatric skilled nursing facility and are currently seeking EMT's and Paramedics to join our growing family. We currently have openings in our West Palm Beach and Loxahatchee offices. Full-time and split-shift schedules available. NO nights or weekends! $700 sign on Bonus!!
The primary role of the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) / Paramedic Transporter is to transfer PPEC patients to and from the facility. Transporter is responsible for safely loading patients and monitoring their healthcare. EMT will assess patients medical status and reporting changes to facility staff.
Responsibilities: The following functions describe the essential duties of this role. Individuals in this role may not perform all of these duties, or may perform additional, related duties not listed here.
- Assuring that all necessary equipment and supplies are transported with the child
- Demonstrating basic medical procedures that may be required during transportation route such as suctioning, vitals, trach replacement and G-tube care.
- Being alert to safety and well-being of children throughout the day
- Assisting with meal preparation and feeding (PO and tube)
- Assisting in preparation with the weekly lesson plan
- Attending workshops and meetings to stay professionally current and meet state requirements
- Respecting the rights of children and parents confidentiality, while conforming to law if signs of suspected abuse or neglect appear
- Maintaining required paperwork in an organized, legible fashion
- Interacting with children in a loving, positive and consistent manner
- Identifying emergent medical situation and responds accordingly
- Tasks assigned by Supervisor or Administrator
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current EMT licensure in the state of Florida
- 1 + years experience working with young children or adolescents
- Current CPR and Physical
- Level 2 Background Check
Prerequisite Skills: Candidates for this position will have:
Alertness and careful observation of their patients health and safety
Stellar attendance and punctuality
Maintains clean appearance
Ability to accept accountability for job performance
Promotes compassion and understanding for patients needs
Ability to demonstrate and provide examples of continuous personal development and improvement in each of the essential functions listed in the section below
Ability to work within a cohesive, successful team
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
**Must be able to lift 50 lbs**
o Ability to safely lift and move from floor to chair while providing services for children of all ages within all environments
o Ability to follow all safety for the child and monitor the equipment for safety
All full-time employees are eligible for : Medical, dental, vision, life plans, PTO, Paid vacation, and Holidays, Employee Discounts, Employee Recognition Program