Position Summary: Under the direction of the Vice President of Development, the Real Estate Manager will assist in executing the Companys long term strategic reinvestment and development plan. This position will be responsible for the management of the company's real estate portfolio of 100+ restaurants on a national level involving 4 distinct brands, including oversight of relocations, expansions, closures, lease renewals and extensions, as well as lease related expenses including but not limited to the management of recurring and nonrecurring expenses, real estate tax appeals and CAM audits which meet the Companys long term strategic reinvestment, development and portfolio optimization goals. This position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in the performance of various leasing activities and real estate duties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for negotiating new and existing lease renewal/extension terms that are in line with the Companys long term strategic reinvestment and development goals.
- Partner with Vice President of Development for site approval process and ensure all stakeholders are informed and involved.
- Obtain and analyze pertinent market and trade are data, existing and new restaurant performance.
- Maintain existing store portfolio and communications with both internal and external stakeholders (i.e. Marketing, Construction, Facilities, Operations, Brokers and Landlords/Developers.
- Prepare reports and presentations for Vice President of Development and Real Estate Committee.
- Liaise with existing and potential franchisees, both domestic and foreign, regarding Companys franchise growth objectives and development standards.
- Maintain strong, strategic alliances with external business partners, including landlords/developers, brokers, vendors, lease administration, franchisees, local governmental authorities, and other related real estate individuals.
- Interface with construction, store operations, and other internal departments to effectively assist in tracking projects, delivery dates and managing schedules in order to ensure the timely delivery of new store assets.
- Direct the coordination of all lease related concerns including but not limited to LOIs, leases, estoppels, SNDAs, amendments, notices, real estate tax appeals, recurring and non-recurring lease related expenses needed to support the store portfolio and expansion strategy through strong communication and interaction with Legal and Lease Administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful experience navigating the landlord/tenant relationship.
- Proven track record of executing either Landlord or Tenant real estate strategies, preferably Tenant.
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner with an ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening skills; outstanding interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building partnerships, managing conflict and negotiating.
- Exhibits high level of professionalism, honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect both inside and outside the corporation, in all dealings with fellow associates, guests, vendors, or others with whom the corporation conducts business.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and management skills
- Proficient in Excel and ability to calculate mathematical percentages
- Understanding of architectural and construction materials and processes; able to read architectural plans and understand Landlord work letters; familiar with lease contracts and key business related provisions; understanding of a P&L statement.
- Strong collaborative partner and ability to be effective in fast paced, complex business environment Lease/Contract negotiation, review and drafting experience Regularly interacts with high level Retail Landlord representatives
- Interest in F&B operations and real estate development.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Business, Real Estate, or Finance.
- 3 5 Years of retail real estate transaction or management experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.