Receives callers at establishment, determines nature of business, and directs callers to destination by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers incoming calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls promptly to appropriate personnel or department.
- Retrieves messages from general mailbox and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers question about organization and provide callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Greets on-site visitors, determines nature of business, announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Logs in all incoming packages, notify appropriate personnel of incoming packages, and handles outgoing packages.
- Assists in orders and maintains packaging supplies.
- Orders packaging supplies for the office and sends packaging supplies as requested to the different locations.
- Assists other departments when requested and approved by the immediate supervisor.
- Maintains reception area and large conference room.
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma
- Minimum 1-2 years receptionist experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to speak in a pleasant "telephone voice."
- Must have basic computer experience to include Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must maintain a professional appearance for visitors and vendors that arrive on site.
- Ability to be courteous on the telephone and to on-site visitors and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with all co-workers.
- Ability to be good listener.
- Ability to answer calls promptly.
- Ability to treat every call as important.
- Ability to perform routine clerical work and other projects assigned and complete these projects within given timelines.
- Knowledge of office methods, practices, and procedures.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional appearance: groomed and dress appropriate to represent the organization's image.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.