See all jobs in Miami FL
Job Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 2020-3588
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
The Audio Visual (AV) Support Technician will be responsible for maintaining optimal performance of AV and related equipment for meetings and events. The AV Support Technician will apply proficient problem-solving skills to effectively troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a prompt and courteous manner while ensuring an overall seamless, positive client experience.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all areas of AV configuration and function; providing critical support, mentoring, and guidance to the IT Service Desk.
- Execute solid customer service skills while acting as a liaison between the end user, other IT personnel and the equipment.
- Respond to all troubleshooting issues regarding AV equipment, properly evaluate issues and escalate those that are problems to management or third part vendor (if applicable).
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the AV and training room environments.
- Develop and maintain a schedule for preventative maintenance while understanding the utilization needs of the company, checking performance and functionality of all systems including controls.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all room equipment and functionality thereof.
- Create knowledgebase documentation, guides and how-to's to be utilized by the IT Service Desk and\or PC Desktop Technicians.
- Provide end-user instructions, and guidance for user operated items\tasks.
- Ensure asset management guidelines are being followed, ensuring any and all changes to AV equipment is documented.
- Maintain ample stock of spare parts (if applicable) for support of AV needs.
- Accurately record, update and document requests utilizing the ITSM tool and any other duties as assigned by the company.
- Serve as an in-house trainer to ensure all IT support staff is adequately educated to support AV equipment and software.
- Positive interaction with users when utilizing AV setups ensuring a good outcome to meeting needs.
- Properly communicates work delays or issues to management as they occur, initiating service calls needed to resolve issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred or equivalent relevant work experience
- 2+ years' experience in the AV industry in a support or installer role
- 2+ years' experience with video and audio signal path, as well as microphone technology both wired and wireless
- Strong technical aptitude
- Proficiency of windows applications, such as Office365
- Solution focused while thriving in a fast pace environment with ever changing priorities
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Hours are 6:30am-3:30pm
- May require weekend or after hour coverage on occasion
- Presents self in a professional manner and appropriately represents the company image
- Ability to commence conversations with new people, possess adequate communication, customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with users, team members and management
- Good written, oral, and presentational skills
- Desire to learn new technology as they are introduced to the company
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement