See all jobs in Miami FL
Job Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 2020-3562
# of Openings: 2
Category: Ground Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
Evaluates, reviews, updates, revises, issues ground operations manuals, bulletins, policies, and procedures as necessary. Coordinates and ensures the disbursement of these throughout the organization.
- Amends carriage of cargo policies and procedures under the direction of the Senior Manager Ground Operations Procedures, the Senior Director Ground Operations Standards, or the Director Quality Assurance/ Quality Control.
- Partners with Senior Manager Ground Ops Procedures and Senior Director Ground Operations Standards on the development of Ground Operations Bulletins
- Revises and updates Ground Operations Manuals as directed by the Senior Manager Ground Operations Procedures.
- Provides assistance and coordination of revisions to the Weight and Balance Manual
- Coordinates manual revision processes and activities with the Manager Document Services, the Document Services Specialists, and Technical Writers.
- Works in conjunction with Operations Engineering on aircraft weighing changes and disseminates the information to all users.
- Updates the Ground Operations information within GlobalNet.
- Achieves all ground operations procedures goals regarding performance, safety, service, and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews and revises ground operations procedures that would enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Proactively anticipates problems and initiates actions to solve issues regarding ground operations procedural matters.
- Performs all aspects of the Ground Operations training requirements by serving the Company as a Ground Operations Instructor and responsible for achieving all training goals, safety, service, and regulatory compliance.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of students in the field and in the classroom environment.
- Performs audits to support Compliance and Standards.
- Serves as Loadmaster and performs duties and responsibilities as required by the Company.
- Completes additional activities and special projects as directed by the Manager Ground Operations Procedures or the Senior Director Ground Operations Standards.
- College degree required
- 4 years' experience including 2 years' of previous airline experience required
- Broad airline or aviation background required
- B747 Weight and Balance and Load planning certification required.
- Dangerous Goods certification required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work both, independently and effectively in a team oriented environment
- Computer literate and specific background in the required subject areas
- Strong prioritization and ability to effectively perform multiple tasks
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement