See all jobs in Miami FL
Job Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 2021-3725
# of Openings: 4
Category: Technical Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
The Material Operations Clerk is responsible for the safe handling and processing of aircraft material as required by company, regulatory requirements and best practices. Receiving, shipping, inventorying, binning and cycle counts. General housekeeping, cleaning organizing and upkeep of the warehouse facilities and equipment.
- Receiving, binning, shipping and issuing of aircraft parts.
- Create Repair Orders for unserviceable parts as directed by Repairs Department and or supervisors
- Ensure parts are available for daily maintenance workload.
- Process serviceable and unserviceable part returns.
- Performs Level 1 and level 2 receiving inspection functions on behalf of Quality Control under the oversight of Material Operations Supervisors and Leads
- Responsible to execute monthly and weekly tasks as assigned such as Calibration & Shelf-Life review, Cycle/Inventory counts.
- Daily warehouse housekeeping. Cleaning, sweeping organizing of parts supplies and equipment
- Utilize computer system to maintain and update inventory in a timely manner.
- Monitors shipping and station supplies; advises Supervisor of shortages and requirements.
- Coordinate with HDQ Materials on parts required for assigned maintenance tasks at assigned station.
- Frequent: lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of moderately heavy weight objects (up to 70 pounds); controlling or driving materials handling equipment in a congested warehouse environment. Occasional: driving through city traffic to make pick-ups and deliveries, or conduct field inventories.
- Additional tasks as assigned by Material Operations Supervisor and Leads
- Daily cleaning organizing and general housekeeping of the warehouse facilities
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 year experience in inventory, warehousing, distribution, or related functions preferred
- Previous airline experience preferred
- Previous cycle counting and inventory reconciling experience preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- Must have strong familiarity with MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Available to work flexible hours as the operation requires, weekends, holidays and extended hours if needed
- Ability to travel as required supporting operational needs.
- Clean driving record and possess valid driver license
- Must be able to obtain Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Must be able to pass ten year background check and obtain airport security badge
- Must be computer literate
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Must be flexible to adapt to a fast paced work environment
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement