See all jobs in Miami FL
Job Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 2021-3671
# of Openings: 1
Category: Flight Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operational responsibility for all crew training requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, assigning all appropriate training events to Crewmembers and Instructors for qualification.
- Execute a comprehensive training schedule while complying with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Company requirements
- Monitor entire training flow to ensure that all crewmembers are assigned the appropriate training events in accordance to the Flight Operations Training Manual.
- Specific activities will involve planning, organizing resources, execution and administration to ensure training completion.
- This individual must have a working knowledge of and the ability to understand at the abstract level the use of technology as a tool to solve complex planning and scheduling problems
- Ability to plan cost effective training arrangements accordingly
- Participate with the Fleet Managers and Director of Training Center Operations in the development of scheduling forecasts.
- Determine monthly Training Instructor and Check Airmen staffing requirements. Schedules Instructors, according to qualifications for all training devices, including full and fixed flight simulators, door operations, ground schools and classroom training as well as emergency drill events.
- Close coordination with Crew Scheduling, Flight Operations leadership and other related departments to communicate training progress, currency and availability to ensure crewmembers are legal for flight assignments. Responsible for handling, preventing and resolving de-qualification issues when they occur
- Perform daily updates of scheduling data as required in Airline Information Management System (AIMS) to compensate for changing conditions and training completion rates
- Responsible for crewmember training notifications through AIMS
- Generates crewmember training reports while also monitoring and tracking ground training
- Performs other duties assigned simultaneously by the Director of Training.
- Monitor crewmember and instructor schedules to meet days off requirements and avoid rest violations
Special demands :
- Minimum High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- A minimum of two (2) years of comprehensive airline crew scheduling and related experience
- Knowledge of FAR 121 pilot training requirements and record keeping. Must be detail oriented
- Knowledge of FARs as they pertain to Crewmember flight duties and regulations
- Working knowledge of the AIMS system is preferred
- Must be well organized and able to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to work effectively in a collaborative team based environment
- Self-starter, enthusiastic, dependable, and professional team player. Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- Must demonstrate the desire and the ability to work in a fast paced, highly stress environment
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and special projects assigned simultaneously
- Must be flexible and able to work various hours and weekends.
- Must possess the personal integrity and administrative skills to gain the confidence of the crewmember work force
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical, administrative and communication skills
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement