See all jobs in Miami FL
Job Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 2020-3636
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technical Operations
Company: Atlas Air, Inc
The Manager Airframe Major Maintenance is responsible for leading substantial maintenance activities including, but not limited to Letter Checks, major repairs and major alterations performed on Company aircraft by outsourced service providers (vendors) to ensure the highest degree of Compliance, Reliability and Technical Support are achieved that support the company's economical and performance initiatives.
- Ensures vendors perform maintenance, preventative maintenance, and alterations in accordance with the Company's Maintenance Inspection Program (MIP), Company policies and procedures, and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
- Lead Team members and Vendors in preparing and prioritizing Major Maintenance Activities as requested by the Maintenance Planning Department.
- Manage annual fiscal operating and capital budgets for assigned aircraft and/or projects
- Ensures that required parts and material are available to support the assigned maintenance activities via coordination and collaboration all team members and vendors.
- Ensures that the vendor adheres to the terms and requirements of its contract with the Company.
- Evaluates and approves non-routine work items in accordance with Company procedures and contractual terms.
- Reviews completed paperwork for compliance with Company requirements.
- Coordinates support with Company and vendor functional departments/personnel and OEMs as required.
- Responsible for developing and reporting the progress and status of the maintenance activity and coordinating redelivery with the Manager Scheduled Services and MCC.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Senior Manager of Airframe & Powerplant Major Maintenance
- BS degree or ME/AE equivalent experience required.
- Must hold a valid FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Ten years of commercial, heavy jet maintenance experience with 3 years in a management capacity.
- Boeing 747/767 experience preferred and desirable.
- Major/Base and Line maintenance experience preferred and desirable.
- Microsoft Word/Excel
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to manage large aircraft projects
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to Identify cost effective maintenance solutions
- Ability to utilize company software systems for analysis and data interrogation.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement