TEMPORARY FULL TIME POSITION
Arc3 Gases, Inc. is a growing, multi-generation family-owned and operated industrial gas and welding supply distributorship with over 50 locations in Virginia, the Carolinas, and Georgia. We have a broad retail and distribution network that enables us to provide outstanding service to customers of all types and sizes, and we serve many industries ranging from fabrication and manufacturing to research, health care, and food and beverage.
Arc3 succeeds by building lasting relationships with our employees, our customers, and our business partners. We treat people the right way, were reliable, and we engender trust using our technical expertise to help our customers build and improve their businesses. We attract, develop and retain employees who deliver this value consistently over time by offering them competitive pay and benefits and a long-term career path, and by heavily investing in their safety, health and overall well-being.
The primary function of the CO2 Driver is to timely and safely deliver CO2 products and related supplies to established customers along assigned routes. Other functions include performing pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensuring that all safety items are in good working order, and maintaining a neat, clean, and professional personal and vehicle appearance.
- Inspect vehicles before and after use according to DOT and company maintenance checklists.
- Load Microbulk tanks, and fill customer-owned Microbulk tanks as assigned.
- Assist with system installations.
- Maintain DOT vehicle documents, ensuring that they are properly completed.
- Work closely with customers to provide excellent customer service, including listening to and resolving customer complaints.
- Assure the route truck remains in proper and safe working order and that routine and required maintenance occurs on a timely basis.
- Comply with all Federal, State and local laws regulating safe driving and the safe and proper handling of hazardous materials.
- Perform any other duties Arc3 assigns.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Class A or B CDL with HazMat, airbrakes, and tanker endorsements.
- Industry and related product knowledge, as well as experience handling compressed gases is preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- At least 21 years-old.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Work overtime when necessary.
- Strong oral communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, well-organized, ability to achieve goals, and ability to focus and pay attention to detail.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Work outdoors in varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts with Annual Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- New Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program with Health Insurance Premium Discounts
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Personal Protective Equipment Reimbursements
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCRETION
Arc3 requires all employees to sign a non-disclosure of confidential information agreement.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Disabled/Protected Veterans