General Responsibility Statement:
Repair and maintain facility, factory equipment, and company vehicles. Install and maintain electrical or mechanical systems. Assist with HVAC, plumbing and electrical maintenance. Perform maintenance duties inside and outside of facility including snow/ice removal. Use proper safety precautions when handling hazardous chemicals, electrical equipment, or when working in elevated places. Must work within all safety guidelines.
Essential Job Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Use and work within the maintenance scheduling system. Assist with the development or modification of procedures and processes in regards to maintenance functions.
- Install, maintain and/or repair company equipment, tools and facility.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and record its completion.
- Assist with facility safety compliance, by working safely and making recommendations for purchase, design and modification.
- Required to utilize skills in regards to: painting, masonry, plumbing, electrical wiring, testing, monitoring, documenting, and assembly throughout the company.
- Remove snow from walks, steps and entrances.
- Recommend changes and/or purchases and assist in procurement, receipt, and inventory of parts, tools and equipment.
- Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and showing initiative in areas within direct control.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Reasoning ability, and or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and a technical certificate or indication of advanced education in a related field of study preferred. The ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations. Including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Required to stand/walk 4+ hours at a time up to 9+ hours per day and use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and or controls, likewise reach with arms and hands. Must be able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces. Must be able to shovel snow and ice. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is also at times, exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.