General Responsibility Statement
The Senior Accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Performs general accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Prepares financial analyses and reports.
- Prepares revenue projections and forecast expenditures.
- Prepare and monitor budgets.
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Contribute to development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Reasoning ability, and or Experience
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
A minimum of three years experience in accounting or finance is required.
Communication and Language skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence and financial reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Needs a thorough understanding of accounting functions and processes.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Required to sit for long periods of time and use CRT, PC computer, typewriter, and calculator keyboards and keypads. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods at a desk working on a computer. Required to use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, likewise, reach with arms and hands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is also at times, exposed to moving mechanical machinery, fumes and/or airborne particulates.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Possesses basic computer and keyboarding skills. Familiar with all Microsoft Office Suite Programs, particularly excel.
- Accounting software experience is preferred.
This position does include supervisory responsibilities of the accounting assistant and office administrative assistant.
Maintainer is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.