Job Location: Sheldon, IA
General Responsibility Statement:
Assists in the production of custom-built heavy-duty service and lubrication bodies, and service body cranes. Works with minimal supervision. Maintains focus on primary goals and the organizations overall mission and purpose. Performs support work, supplying, tracking, and delivering components and parts.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the management, control, and improvement of Production part inventories including material issuing. Knowledge of customer/supplier relationships. Effectively utilizes tools and resources to accomplish job assignments.
- Just in time delivery of parts and components to the various Production operation resources utilizing forklifts, handcarts, etc.
- Follow all organizational and departmental procedures, safety policies and directions as outlined in the Maintainer Employee Handbook and the Maintainer Quality Manual. Participates in good safety and housekeeping practices.
- Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and showing initiative in daily work.
- Maintains an active forklift operators license. Follows forklift safety policies and operating procedures.
- Utilize forklift to unload supplies in various weather conditions from vendor trucks and semis.
- Works with the maintenance department to complete preventive maintenance on assigned forklift equipment.
- Perform inventory counts through partnering with the parts room and warehouse and working directly with the purchasing manager or designee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Reasoning ability, and or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or proven track record in work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Able to use and apply problem-solving techniques.
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read, comprehend and follow simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to maintain a positive work attitude while performing assigned duties.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Required to stand and use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and or controls, likewise reach with arms and hands. The employee is required to walk, sit, and talk or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is also at times, exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.
Must also utilize hand tools, power tools and other special equipment to perform assigned job.
Must be able to work in all weather conditions as this position works partially outside.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Maintains an active forklift operators license per Maintainer standards. Successfully completes annual overhead crane and hoist training requirements.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety eyeglasses
- Ear protection
- Safety shoes with metatarsal guards
- One of two kinds of cut resistant gloves