The Maintenance Technician will assist the Maintenance Superintendent in the daily upkeep of the building and grounds and perform any duties assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Perform all necessary maintenance and repairs on the apartments, common areas and parking lots, including routine service calls as well as turnover cleaning, painting, and snow removal.
- Implement the Preventative Maintenance Schedule.
- Prepare reports based upon frequent inspections, outlining property conditions, including cleanliness of buildings and grounds, and a summary of maintenance operations.
Perform the following duties:
- Perform maintenance on equipment, vehicles and buildings
- Provide on call coverage for emergency calls
- Prepare apartments during turnover
- Complete resident service requests
- Perform snow removal
- Inspect parking lots for oil spills, unauthorized vehicles and dumpster areas
- Report building damage and vandalism, unusual circumstances and conditions, and other related incidents in writing to the Community Leader
- Monitor site lighting and report problems
- Respond to lock outs, noise problems and disturbances
- Maintain records as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Previous property maintenance experience required, including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and carpentry. Ability to work well with others, good communication skills, ability to multi-task.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Regularly use hands to manipulate tools, controls, and equipment. Frequently stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, and stoop. Sit and stand to do maintenance work. Regularly lift and move supplies and equipment up to 75 lbs.
TYPICAL WORK CONDITIONS: Work is performed in apartments, common areas and on the property. Employee frequently interacts directly with residents and other staff members during the workday.
This position may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.