Job ID: 2021-7992
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville
Do you like to challenge yourself with fixing something that has had a breakdown in the shortest possible time? The main objective is to assist the Maintenance Director in helping the community run smoothly. This position must perform electrical, plumbing, carpentry, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and other technical tasks, as well as ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal life-safety code regulations.
This role is an awesome way to get to know every resident. You will make connections and develop relationships beyond hammers/nails. In many respects, you become their favorite person! Commonwealth Senior Living is a recognized leader in senior living, employing around 2,000 associates, and is a two consecutive year recipient of the Great Place to Work certification!
- Performs routine maintenance on grounds, parking areas, driveway, etc. by mowing, weed-eating, trimming, policing, sweeping, mulching, etc. as necessary.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair on the facility and equipment to include plumbing, plastering, and electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc., as directed, and in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains safe operating and fire prevention practices.
- Maintains general plant and facility in good repair, ensuring a safe, clean and orderly environment.
- Replaces burned out light bulbs to include exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc., and performs housekeeping duties in very high places.
- Services heating and cooling systems, as specified by the manufacturer, and in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensures maintenance supplies have been replenished in work areas as necessary.
- Repairs emergency breakdowns in the shortest possible time.
- Cooperates with other staff members to maintain a safe environment for residents, visitors and employees.
- Prepares vacant rooms to a rent-ready condition within 72 hours of a move-out.
- Advises the Executive Director of any areas of concern relative to wear and tear of the building, needs for cleaning and deodorizing of furniture, carpeting, etc.
- Inspects, maintains and tests fire alarm and emergency systems in accordance with established policies and procedures. Maintains appropriate records of test results.
- Initiates and maintains a program of all-over efficiency designed to eliminate waste and reduce operating expenses.
- Maintains the heating and cooling systems in proper working conditions, as specified by the manufacturer. Prior to the onset of seasonal changes, inspects the systems for loose wires, broken lines, leaks, etc., and pre-starts system to ensure proper working order.
- Maintains repair logs and provides for corrective action in a timely manner.
- Maintains drain, access areas, grease traps, waste areas and mechanical rooms.
- Provide transportation for residents as directed by Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned
- The Maintenance Assistant is a highly active position, requiring long stretches (over 75% of the time) on ones feet. The position requires a highly active individual, willing to tackle a variety of physical tasks throughout the community.