Are you excited by the prospect of working for an organization that truly values your contributions AND gives you a chance to make a difference in the lives of children and families? If so, read on!
WHO WE ARE:
Gulf Coast JFCS is comprised of over 500 dedicated people committed to improving the lives children and families of all religions and nationalities. The only prerequisite is need. Annually, GCJFCS supports more than 36,000 people throughout Florida. Our programs are designed to protect children from abuse and neglect; to help people overcome substance abuse, to manage mental health, or to gain control of debilitating behaviors; to care for and connect seniors to needed services; to provide emergency financial and food assistance to support Holocaust survivors; and to welcome and help resettle refugees from around the world.
WHAT WE OFFER:
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for contract billings as required by contract.
- Responsible for all required financial reporting per contracts.
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet account analysis monthly.
- Assist with preparation of company annual projections and budgets.
- Work with Grants department by preparing grant proposal budgets and budget narratives as necessary.
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries.
- Assist as needed with monthly general ledger closing.
- Assist with audit work papers for annual audit and funder audits as assigned.
- Maintain employee position controls.
- Work with program staff in understanding financials.
1.Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
2.Three years minimum experience in accounting position with Grant Accounting and Reporting
3.Proficient in Accounting systems, Concur and Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. V-Lookups, Pivot tables).