We seek out the best talent and offer tremendous opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and benefits for individuals who want a career with a great company that maintains a family feel.
Although our products are typically underground and go unnoticed by most people, we come to work every day to provide cleaner, more sustainable and longer lasting water management products that allow people to live their lives more comfortably and healthily. ADS products prevent fields from eroding and homes from flooding. They keep crops growing, roads and airports in use and prevent contamination of local waterways.
With a history of breaking new ground and advancing our industry, we are seeking talented people to join our dynamic company. Thanks to our people ADS has become an industry leader and our people recognize the vital role they play in sustaining our environment and water management.
A Line Operator is responsible for performing and maintaining the daily activities associated with a production line. This includes housekeeping, safety, quality, maintaining production efficiencies, repair and maintenance and minimizing downtime. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. Ability to work varying shifts is also required due to equipment changeovers. A Line Operator reports directly to the shift Production Supervisor.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Embraces a culture of safety
- Manages a plastic extrusion line to ensure finished goods meet quality specifications that meet customer needs
- Utilizes standard operating procedures to ensure the production line is running with specifications
- Leads with line tooling changes, start-ups and shutdowns
- Maintains a safe work environment through practicing proper PPE and housekeeping compliance.
- Accurately completes shift production and reporting paperwork.
- Conducts regular product sampling to ensure consistent quality
- Assist with Preventative Maintenance program
- Meets or exceeds standard production efficiencies on all production lines.
- Maintains and increases ability to operate various production lines through certifications
- Troubleshoot process and mechanical problems and perform repairs and adjustments to meet production needs as required.
- Perform tooling changeovers in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain a safe working environment that includes the consistent use of Personal Protection Equipment to ensure your safety
- Practice continuous improvement which not only includes the line but also facility housekeeping
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair abilities.
- Basic computer skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate heavy machinery, i.e. forklifts, in a safe manner
- Reading and Writing skills
With more days off per month youll enjoy time away from work. You can plan your life around predictable schedules and extra days off for personal interests, hobbies and wellness activities.
Our 12-hour shift will increase take-home pay because youll earn at least 8 hours of OT each month.
Employees will have fewer workdays per week which mean fewer hours commuting and lower expenses related to getting to and from work. At ADS this equals six less trips to work per month.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing machine operation or extrusion experience
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in fluctuating temperatures.
- Position requires full range of body motion including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to stand and be mobile throughout a 12-hour shift.
- Ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program including:
- Retirement Plants
- Paid Holidays/ Vacation Days
- And much more