GREAT PAY, GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT PRODUCTS!
We seek out the best talent and offer tremendous opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and benefits for individuals who want a career with a great company that maintains a family feel.
Although our products are typically underground and go unnoticed by most people, we come to work every day to provide society cleaner, more sustainable, longer lasting water management products that allow people to continue to live their lives comfortably and healthy.
ADS products prevent fields from eroding and homes from flooding. They keep crops growing, roads and airports in use and prevent contamination of local waterways. The work we do is highly valuable to society and vitally important to our environment, our planet, our health and our quality of life. Learn more here.
With a history of breaking new ground and advancing our industry, Advanced Drainage Systems seeks talented people looking to make an impact on a growing, dynamic company. Since our founding, we've built ADS into an industry leader thanks to the work of associates who recognize the vital importance of water management.
Living a healthy, well-balanced life with the ability to achieve success - professionally, financially and emotionally -- is what ADS team members want for themselves, and what ADS wants for its team members.
A Downstream Technician is responsible for the packaging, labeling and visual quality inspection of all products produced on their respective production line. A Downstream Technician is also required to assist Line Operators with line start-ups, shutdowns and tooling changeovers. Partners closely with the Line Operator to meet established production goals. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. This position reports directly to the shift Production Supervisor. There is an additional .40/hr shift premium for 3rd shift. There is an additional .50/hr for completing certification.
THIS POSITION IS OFFERING A $1000 SIGN ON BONUS!!!!
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure quality by conducting final visual inspections and labeling all finished goods
- Safely operate a forklift and conduct preventative maintenance on forklifts and other machines in the plant
- Maintain a safe working environment that includes the consistent use of Personal Protection Equipment to ensure your safety
- Assist with line tooling changes, start-ups, shutdowns and down-stream equipment set-up
- Embrace a culture of safety. We expect our people to communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries immediately
- Ability to learn and stay current on pipe specifications and packaging requirements
- Practice continuous improvement which not only includes the line but also facility housekeeping
- To ensure efficiency the Line Technician will track quantity of units produced from the production line
- Invest in your career with ADS. Build and maintain job skills and additional earning potential through company training programs
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Energetic and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to learn new skills
- Team oriented
- Basic Mathematical skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous industrial or manufacturing experience
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program including:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care)
- Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Profit Sharing Plan (401k)
- Paid Holidays/ Vacation Days
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty
- Military Leave