The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for soliciting, negotiating, underwriting (AUS) and coordinating with support staff the closing of routine residential, construction mortgage loans in compliance with the Bank's policies, procedures and related laws and regulations. Promotes quality mortgage loan customer service and related activities; engages in business development opportunities; develops good customer relationships; and markets and cross sells other banking products. The position is responsible for meeting or exceeding established individual, department and Bank sales goals though active participation in sales training and loan officer development programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process
- Guide clients through the process of applying for a loan
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine the options available to address the customers loan & financial needs
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Recommend loan options that will meet customer(s) financial goals for transaction type.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other required financial information.
- Develop and maintain a network of referral partners including realtors, builders and other professionals.
- All loan officers are expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in adherence to policies.
- The MLO ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining a thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
- Four-year degree
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years of experience in a loan origination experience
Special Requirements and Work Conditions:
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Flexibility of hours
- Skills in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office products, internet research, PC Lender knowledge helpful
- Licensed in NMLS and state certifications if required
- Strong attendance and reliability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with all borrowers
- Results orientated - Quickly sorts through information and develops concise and clear solutions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Ability to attend ongoing training seminars, schools, workshops and external functions
- Valid driver's license and ability to operate an automobile