New associates can earn up to $5,000 in bonuses over your first year with the company, including $1,000 at 30 days!
Are you seeking an exciting position in Advanced Manufacturing? We offer paid training, generous benefits, monthly engagement events, profit sharing, and merit based promotions. We are a mid-sized, privately owned company valuing professional growth and personal development. Engineered Profiles is seeking mechanically inclined individuals we can train to run Plastic Extrusion lines.
Our night shift runs 5:50pm - 6:00am on a two week rotating schedule (basically two days on, two days off, with three day weekends). We're a 24/7 environment. The Extrusion Operator is responsible for setting up the extrusion line, operating, tear down, quality checks, and production reporting. 12 hour night shift comes with a 10% shift differential!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to set-up necessary equipment (dies, screws, down line equipment, etc.) to make line production capable.
- Be able to start up all machinery and equipment on line and make any adjustments necessary to obtain a high quality extruded product.
- Assume responsibility for safety and housekeeping by following all safety rules, reporting safety hazards, and maintaining a clean work area.
- Assume responsibility for quality of extruded products by completing check sheets, color checks, SPC (Statistical Process Controls) computer data entry, and any other special reports that may be required.
- Assume responsibility for packaging quality by insuring that required packing materials are available and products are packed correctly.
- Assist in the training of new trainees by sharing knowledge and information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some manufacturing and/or technical experience desirable.
- Must be able to use a tape measure, length gauge, and precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and various quality gauges.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and acceptable math skills (i.e., division, multiplication, fraction to decimal conversion, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of raw materials (virgin, regrinds, colorants, etc.) used in extrusion process is preferable but not required.
- Must be able to understand written and verbal instruction and communicate the same.
- Ability to learn and retain information on products, operating procedures, quality requirements, set-ups, etc.
- Must work well in a team setting and participate in team functions such as problem solving and job completion.
- Must be able to lift loads up to 70 lbs. frequently, those of 115 lbs. occasionally, and assist co-workers with heavier loads of up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to work while standing for long periods (12 hour shifts).
- Must be able to show constant process improvement, technical troubleshooting skills, team skills and leadership skills.
What is Plastic Extrusion:? Check out this short video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp2Rdx69SSo
About Engineered Profiles: https://youtu.be/hRpHGIbJtKw
Engineered Profiles, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.