Description:Do you want to make a difference and save lives by working with our customers to protect their employees, their investments, and ensure they follow safety regulations?
Do you like provide technical solutions through selling quality, engineer systems?
Join the Sesco Safety team as our newest Territory Sales Manager!
Who is Sesco Safety?
Sesco Safety is rooted in providing engineered fall protection safety systems complemented by extensive safety services. We focus on the unique needs of each customer across their entire facility. Our portfolio of work spans a wide range of safety products to complex custom systems. Sesco Safety services customers throughout the Midwest, as well as nationally, across a myriad of industries.
Sesco Safety, through its ownership, is affiliated with a global network providing superior engineered products, support, and training. The experience and dedication of our team have established us as fall prevention experts with our customers.
The Sesco Safety team is driven by principles of:
- An ongoing mission to help customers enhance their workplace safety
- Continuous value in relationships with customers, vendors, and third-party market partners
- Superior consultative service
What Can We Offer You?
We are proud of our culture where both our business and employees thrive and grow.
Our corporate culture includes:
- A strong, collaborative work environment
- Training, training and more training
- Development programs created to empower our team
- Life-long friendships
Sesco Safety provides:
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- 401k plan with company match
- Multiple BCBS health plans to choose from
- Health Savings Account
What Makes Our Job Awesome?
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for growing business within their business scope. You will be responsible for developing, cultivating, qualifying leads and closing new business, and managing customer and partner relationships and expectations, as part of customer development functions to achieve sale revenue and market penetration objectives.
In this role you will call directly on and visit customer sites in an array of industrial, commercial and municipal markets, ranging from medium size to Fortune 1000 organizations. You will build strong relationships on the Company's behalf, particularly with Operations and Safety personnel, and perform in a consultative sales capacity to sell appropriate fall protection solutions that meet functional needs and safety code compliance.
Your role is critical to the Company in its continued high growth. You need to be self-directed, innovative, energetic, results driven, forward thinking, and perform collaboratively in a professional team environment.
How Will You Do This?
We measure impact by your successful ability to:
- Meet assigned sales targets
- Initiate and develop strong business relationships within all levels of customer organizations, including senior level management
- Develop and execute individual business development plans
- Meet and exceed call plan resulting in necessary pipeline of quoted opportunities
- Promptly act on leads, efficiently qualify, and conduct sales activities to optimal effectiveness
- Regularly travel to perform site surveys and customer consultations to determine needs and solutions, and obtain detailed information for estimates and proposals
- Prepare accurate cost estimates and technical proposals
- Maintain CRM database for all prospect and customer activities
- Collaborate with other Company Sales personnel for development of programs, marketing content and sales materials
- Provide timely and complete internal reporting
- Represent the company at networking and tradeshow events
- Assist the team as necessary in coverage to include installation assistance
- Perform ANSI compliant fall hazard surveys
We Want to Hear from You If You Have:
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years sales experience preferred or; in lieu of education, 5+ years of technical product sales experience
- Highly preferable sales experience in architectural, construction or engineered safety products fields
- Success in solution-based sales including elements of design, engineering, fabrication and installation
- Proven track record of sales success
- Proficiency with MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) CRM, and order systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and detail oriented problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of construction and engineering processes applicable to fall protection solutions
- Professional sales training
- Ability to quickly grasp OSHA and other corresponding regulation codes, and apply in customer dealings and product applications
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to read construction drawings, prepare to scale, hand or AutoCAD sketches for estimating, preferred
Special/Particular Requirements (safety, physical, etc.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must be able to lift, climb (including above average heights), move, pull and transport at least 25 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. maximum infrequently
- At customer sites the employee may be required to wear personal protective equipment including steel toe boots, hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection and/or respirators
Your attitude and business aptitude are critical. You must be personally driven to hunt for opportunities in smart means and close on quoted business. A general knowledge of larger companies and various industries will be beneficial. You will need to demonstrate an ability to problem solve and take ownership of your work, responsibilities, customer commitments and deliverables. You are part of the team, will receive support, and will be most successful when you manage your time and work effectively, and adapt quickly to changes within the business. You must also have:
- A sales hunter with a consultative approach and tact to develop and maintain diverse customer relationships for ongoing service and revenue opportunities
- A passion for safety and providing superior service
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal instruction and who can be innovative in ways and means to approach new business
- A working relationship with team members marked with support and trust
- Aspiration to Company values of integrity, high service, continuous improvement and learning, accountability, compliance excellence, humility, and respect
Sesco Safety is an equal opportunity employer