Location: Austin, Texas, 78704, United States
Position Title: Civil Engineering
Company Name: StoryBuilt (formerly PSW Real Estate)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Required Travel: 10-25%
StoryBuilt is a leading urban residential and commercial community developer headquartered in Austin, Texas, and building in Austin, Dallas,Denver, and Seattle. As an urban infill developer, we are exclusively focused on developing communities in thriving neighborhoods surrounding major downtowns. Our vertically integrated approach to development is at the heart of our success, with in-house expertise, including civil engineering, architecture, construction management, sales, customer service, andproperty management, driving our innovative approach to design and construction. We currently provide internal civil engineering services for all projects in our Austin and Dallas markets. Projects range from several single-family homes, to 10+ acre master planned communities, that can include commercial buildings, condominiums, apartments, townhomes, hotels, etc. The StoryBuilt team considers all urban typologies on our projects and strategically designs complete communities to provide not only in demand housing and commercial buildings, but thoughtful urban spaces to help these communities thrive.
The Senior Project Manager is primarily responsible for managing the site design and development permit process. This includes assisting on the evaluation of each site and performing the design/entitlement of a value driven plan for permitting and construction. Due to StoryBuilt's vertically integrated approach, a key aspect of this position is heavy coordination with other internal business units noted above. The Senior Project Manager will need to provide leadership, approach design challenges with creative solutions, and manage junior staff in the coordination of all activities involved in the site development and permitting process for all Austin projects. With aggressive growth goals, the unique opportunity exists to work in-house for a developer and join a talented group working on a variety of challenging projects.
- 10+ years of general experience; 5+ years of experience managing similar residential, commercial or mixed-use projects
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university/college
- Licensed as a Texas Engineer (PE)
- Proficiency in Autodesk Civil 3D and Microsoft Office is required. Prior experience with HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, Flowmaster, Culvert Master, StormCad or equivalent software is preferred.
- Capable of designing and permitting construction plans
- Experience leading/developing junior staff
Candidate will have extensive experience with civil land development design projects including:
- Strong communication skills; Experience coordinating and communicating with clients, consultants, city staff and commissions/councils.
- Water infrastructure design
- Wastewater infrastructure design
- Hydraulic modeling
- Water quality
- Erosion controls
Strong experience leading a team of junior staff on a variety of projects simultaneously is required. Experience in the City of Austin is ideal.