See all jobs in Clearwater FL
Job Location: Clearwater, FL
# of Openings 1
(ISC)² ® is an international, nonprofit membership association for information security leaders. We're committed to helping our members learn, grow and thrive by providing world-class certification programs, education & training, and professional development opportunities that inspire a safe and secure cyber world. With more than 150,000 certified members, we empower professionals who touch every aspect of information security.
The Instructional Designer is primarily responsible for creating, developing, and producing engaging online course content for cybersecurity professionals. Reporting to the Lead Instructional Designer, he/she will work with the (ISC) 2 Education team, subject matter experts, external vendors and member volunteers to develop online education and training products.
- Utilizes effective instructional design strategies and adult learning principles to facilitate the design, develop and production of multimedia infused online courses and projects based upon project objectives, timelines, and resources.
- Guides subject matter experts and third-party providers to support the development of online educational course assets including instruction, immersive scenarios, video, multimedia elements, labs, and assessments.
- Creates course statements and journey maps that communicate the scope of work for projects based on the time and development options allotted.
- Communicates and collaborates with the multimedia team to develop interactive curricula and assets to support the various organizational online courses.
- Consults and collaborates with team members, SME's and instructors to analyze courses and incorporate distance learning best practices during development or redesign of online courses.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts professional development workshops on technology-specific and instructional design topics for online learning.
- Reviews and adapts course content design using the Quality Matters course peer review process.
- Evaluates functionality and accessibility of media and content delivery tools within the learning management system on a variety of devices, browsers, and operating systems.
- Remains fluent and knowledgeable in best practices, strategies, tools and current topics in online learning.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Education, Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Online Learning or a related IT field; Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in online curriculum and course design, development and delivery. Experience with assessment development and/or standards alignment preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Learning Management Systems (D2L preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced experience in working with subject matter experts to guide online course asset development and standards alignment
- Minimum 2 years' experience applying Quality Matters design principles and standards to online courses
- Ability to use adult learning and instructional design principles to create effective distance-learning courses
- Ability to demonstrate and support the 5 Company Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Unity, Accountability, Agility
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to work professionally with teammates, partners, subject matter experts, clients and other departments
- A strong sense of responsibility, attentiveness to detail, and proven commitment to quality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to independently follow through to successful completion of projects with great emphasis on detail and meeting aggressive deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Working knowledge of information security technology and practices preferred
Physical & Mental:
- Work normal business hours and extended hours when necessary
- Up to 10% travel required
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting, for prolonged periods
- Regular use of office equipment such as a computer/laptop and monitor computer screens
- Occasionally, approximately 5-10% of the time, transport and/or lift up to 25 lbs. of equipment or packages, which may also involve squatting, bending, or kneeling
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic as protected by applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.